Banana sandwiches - is this normal or was my mum having a laugh?

love banana sandwiches yummy yummy!

my mum used to give us fruit and cream (carnation) and bread and butter for sunday tea! anyone else have this????

I remember having this for Sunday teas when I was very young when I visited my grandad or my auntie. It always seemed a special treat.

I used to hate banana sarnies when I was little.Now I can take them or leave them, but if I do have them, it has to be on brown bread !...And yes Draggletail, My Mom used to make them, as you'll have noticed from this thread, it seems the whole of Sheffield were introduced to them in childhood !!

I used to hate banana sarnies when I was little.Now I can take them or leave them, but if I do have them, it has to be on brown bread !...And yes Draggletail, My Mom used to make them, as you'll have noticed from this thread, it seems the whole of Sheffield were introduced to them in childhood !!

not just Sheffiel im a rovvramer lol and i was brung up on em. My bloke tho whos a Sheffielder as never had 1 and thinks they sound mingin, all 3 of my kids had them as babbies tho :hihi:

Archived