Banana sandwiches - is this normal or was my mum having a laugh?

I like codliver oil:cool:

I like Cod Liver Oil as well.

My dad told me a story about how, when I was a baby, my mum used to give me CLO, and I had to have the cloth, that she held under my chin to catch the drips, as a comforter/blankie. Apparently, it used to stink to high heaven, but that was the only thing that would keep me happy.:roll:

Always loved nana sarnies, ever since I was a child. There are some sandwich bars in London that sell nana sarnies, and you can buy them with additions, such as peanut butter.

My boys loved them when they were young,but the banana has to be well mashed with a fork,then sprinkled with sugar.Also slice a banana in half and fry it in best butter,then sprinkle it with demerera sugar. Also if anyone has a George Foreman grill,they are delicious grilled on it. :thumbsup:

My dad used to bake fresh breadcakes every weekend.we would spread with butter whilst they were still warm and squash a banana into it.mmm.

I do still have banana sarnis occasionally now but miss my dads bread to put them on.

• 4 years later...

Archived