Tesco...and bags of Ice Cubes...

A couple of weeks ago, whilst in Tesco, I saw a young couple buying a couple of bags of ice cubes, 99p per bag. I couldn't believe it...seeing as I am getting on a bit in age it just seemed daft. We have a freezer...why buy ice cubes? :loopy:

I then found out one of my sons bought them quite often, and had been buying them for some time. 10 days ago my wife and son went to Tesco and came back with a bag of the same. In the freezer it went.

I hate the local tapwater...it tastes rubbish and we have got fed up with the paraphenalia of Water Filters Systems. I drink only sparkling bottled water.

The Tesco Ice Cubes are produced from Spring Water.

Result.............how wonderful.......over the moon......great in drinks.......

What can I say..........isn't life wonderful. Virtually an inexhaustible, easy supply of quality ice

Do you buy a similar product? :)

ps My next move is to buy a bottle of decent Vodka to complement the Ice Cubes. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

The Co-op do them too, we've bought some from both the co-op and tesco, at about £1 a bag, which to be fair are a decent size, its not bad :) we use them at home for drinks, but I also got some on saturday to stick in a bucket and keep beers cold, usefull stuff and cheap :thumbsup:

Does any one remember that episode of 'It Aint Half Hot Mum' where the sergeant was sitting on that big block of ice in the railway carriage as they travelled across India?

It was gradually melting, and by the end of the programme, only his head was visible over the table. :D

It made me laugh anyway :hihi:

yea i thought it was abit :mental: when me OH came home with a bag of ice from Morrisons. I thought we can get it free at home why pay for it but i guess its easier and more convinent.

Asda sells bag of ice too 99p

I wish i had one of those american style fridge/freezers. Ice on demand, cube or crushed. :love:

Am i right in saying that in america ice is free?

10 years ago I went with a group on atrip to California staying o/n in motels. Every morning a giant plastic bag was filled free of charge from a giant ice machine.

So the answer is probably yes

Archived