Tesco...and bags of Ice Cubes...

I hate to disappoint all you "Why pay for Ice Cubes?" knockers but yesterday I went out to buy our second massive bag of ice cubes from Tesco, 99p. We have just opened them..........so nnneeeeeerrrrrr! :hihi:

I don't care what you think, you tight-fisted gits! :thumbsup:

tight? sensible, anyone who buys them must be stupid, if they want to mug themselves they can.

surely its quicker to run a bit of water and bang the tray/packet in the freezer than to go to the shop find them, grab them of the shelf, pay for them put them in car/taxi/carry/carry on bus, go home and then put in them in the freezer?

i for one would welcome a stupid tax of 100% making them £2 instead, what a waste of packaging fuel etc.

But the bags give you something like over 200 ice cubes whereas a little tray makes about a dozen. No good for a big session, and you've not experienced a truly big session until you have filled a vast bin with ice and bottles of beer. :thumbsup:

But the bags give you something like over 200 ice cubes whereas a little tray makes about a dozen. No good for a big session, and you've not experienced a truly big session until you have filled a vast bin with ice and bottles of beer. :thumbsup:

Hear hear - you can't make enough ice for a party using a tiddly little tray in a freezer compartment!!! Couple of quid and everyone is sorted for the night.

If you want crushed (as per post above) just wrap some in a clean tea towel and smash it. This also reveals dirty tea towels cos the ice seems to make any mould/damp show up!

Yes, I saw a young couple buying a bag of ice cubes, in Tescos on Infirmary Rd. I thought ,I will never buy those, but on reflection,I think I will.Those fiddly little ice cube trays,the ice always sticks.I will try Tescos ice cubes,will be nice in my Magners cider.!(you will have to get home quick before they melt wont you ?):huh:

Archived