Tesco...and bags of Ice Cubes...

To return to the topic, I am pleased to report that during the hot spell, my elderly neighbours and I have reached an agreement for the near dusk "drinkie" arrangements. Considering their knowledge of purchased Tesco ready-made ice cubes is non-existant, they contribute the Vodka, and we supply the ice cubes.......a perfect investment... ne cest pas? :hihi:

• 6 years later...

My problem with buying bags of ice cubes, is finding somewhere in the freezer to put the damn things. my freezer is usually crammed to the gunnels with other stuff, like 'food' and oddities like that. People with empty freezers are wasting energy costs, cos it's far more expensive to run a half empty freezer than one that's full.

But I suppose if you don't keep much food in your freezer then it makes sense to fill it with something...even ice cubes!

Am i right in saying that in america ice is free?

Its not if you buy it in a convenience store or supermarket, but if you stay in a motel/hotel it is. Odd.

I buy ice as I lack any shelves in my freezer and its easier to store a bag of store bought ice. If I use ice trays, they spill and cover the other food in the freezer and turning the whole drawer into a block of ice...

Well!!!

I guess that I had better get down to the freezer ....

.... get out a couple of ice cubes .............

......... plink them into a glass .........

.................... top them up with gin and a wedge of lime .............

.......................... wave the tonic bottle over the top and .........................

.................. take a good drink to the memory of one of the Good Guys .............

Here's to ya, Shoey!!!!

Archived