Bus Lane Fine On Arundel Gate

He probably meant he was driving past Novotel on Arundel Gate, not actually parking up or even turning round in the road leading up to the loading bay there.  

Maybe he can clarify. You can turn round there without any issue to avoid the bus gate. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pintor said:

Has anyone received a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE (PCN) for being in a bus lane on Arundel gate recently?, Ive received two such notices this last month for being in a bus lane near St Paul's place service rd,  plenty of cars are pictured in front of me on the picture supplied and yet the lane we're on says bus lane only yet there's no other lane to take?

There is a sign saying to turn around at Novotel to avoid the bus lane. (Off topic but I don't know how the council can advise that when Novotel's forecourt is private property). If you drove from the round about at the end of Furnival Gate, then you should have seen this signage. The other cars are likely to have been issued a penalty charge too. It is best to pay as soon as possible, as you may get a reduction of the fine amount. You can appeal the fine afterwards, one of the grounds for appeal would be if the sign indicating the bus lane ahead was obscured, perhaps by a tree. But, there is no guarantee your appeal will be granted.

Edited by Irene Swaine

15 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It is best to pay as soon as possible, as you may get a reduction of the fine amount. You can appeal the fine afterwards,

Bad advice. 

If you feel you have grounds for appeal, you should do so first.

When you pay a penalty, you are basically admitting you have made the contravention, so the issuing authority do not have to accept an appeal after the penalty is paid ( but they might do if you come up with a reasonable explanation).

If you feel you have been incorrectly given a penalty there are online forums such as pepipoo, on which people can actually get good advice.

• Like 1

Its like walking down a path I have walked down for 50 years , never think to look if some twaaaat in a office has decided to alter things and bar me . Nowt better to do as the change has made no difference to any one , only people trying to reach our theatres and the Wicker . Turds lot of em .Not the theatre goers and Wicker go to ers that is ,  but those so called Town Planners who put down cobbles on Fargate costing Nuffields millions , Then cover em with a tin hut , then pull down a perfectly fine market and rebuild a half empty one , (paying for that for 60years we are , )

Build a Town Hall extension and wedding cake register office then pull the bleeeedin lot down .

Nutters .

Edited by cuttsie

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

And then we come to oil in roooad , A Architectural gem that any City in World would be proud of complete with fish tank and public bogs , 

Now no hole , no fish and most important no bogs any where 

Funny you should talk about the Hole In The Road, I have just seen this on Facebook....

https://www.sheffieldguide.blog/2020/05/22/sheffield-monorail-aborted-plans-what-happened/

Imagine a monorail over it!