Bus Lane Fine On Arundel Gate

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Surely if the money generated has to stay in the same department, it would come under the highways division and have to be spent on improving roads and pavements.

I’ve updated the previous post to include the only three allowable uses.

This is set out in Section 6.3 of the Traffic Management Act 2004, Statutory Guidance to Local Authorities on Bus Lane and Moving Traffic Enforcement Outside London.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

He means trains, and you know it . :rolleyes:

Yes, the New York Subway 'trains' are equivalent to trams that we have in the UK. 

21 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Certainly when I was at SCC it always went towards public transport related schemes

Fat chance with the SYMCA. Big cuts coming I am told. 

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yes, the New York Subway 'trains' are equivalent to trams that we have in the UK. 

No, they are not light rail / trams

NY subway trains are much bigger than our trams. They are a form of heavy rail. A subway train could carry perhaps 1500 people. Sheffield trams will carry up to 240.

14 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Fat chance with the SYMCA. Big cuts coming I am told. 

The MCA don’t carry out bus lane enforcement and have no say in how it is spent. It’s done by individual councils.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

No, they are not light rail / trams

NY subway trains are much bigger than our trams. They are a form of heavy rail. A subway train could carry perhaps 1500 people. Sheffield trams will carry up to 240.

The MCA don’t carry out bus lane enforcement and have no say in how it is spent. It’s done by individual councils.

First bit . Does it matter? 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Nobody has asked the most obvious question, which is, - why on earth did they change it? 

The change serves no useful purpose. 

Is it just to inconvenience the driver and slow down the traffic?

Most likely an attempt to reduce pollution on Arundel Gate since they forced more buses to use it because of the wrongful closure of Pinstone St. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I am almost certain that it is property of Novotel.

A better idea would be to have a sign at the roundabout on Furnival gate of the busgate ahead and then a final reminder at The Roebuck Tavern.

Agree

I've paid the fine btw

• Like 1