Identity Cards

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's the British Transport Police that patrol train stations, not mainstream police. They can be seen at stations such as Sheffield & Doncaster regularly and have an office on Platform 1 at Sheffield.

I am very aware of that - you see them on a regular basis at main stations, and not so regular at others - but they still pop up at times, even at tiny one-platform 'country' stations.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I am very aware of that - you see them on a regular basis at main stations, and not so regular at others - but they still pop up at times, even at tiny one-platform 'country' stations.

It is very unlikely that you will see them at your local station, Dore & Totley. 

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

It is very unlikely that you will see them at your local station, Dore & Totley. 

As I said, they do pop up at small stations, but usually only if said station has a history of disruptive behaviour - pointless having them where they are not needed.

Two points though - this has nothing to do with 'identity cards', and how do you know my 'local' station?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

You asked me how often I see a policeman. (1)

You have said previously that you live close to Abbeydale Road South. (2)

(1) Nothing to do with identity cards being an 'infringement of liberty'.

(2) OK - I have.

Edited by RollingJ

23 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

(1) Nothing to do with identity cards being an 'infringement of liberty'.

(2) OK - I have.

Us awake people know that it does. Who do you think it was forcing us to stay at home in 2020 and 2021? Who would have challenged us if we were seen outdoors? The tooth fairy?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Us awake people know that it does. Who do you think it was forcing us to stay at home in 2020 and 2021? Who would have challenged us if we were seen outdoors? The tooth fairy?

Us supposedly 'asleep' people - well, this one anyway - was never forced to stay at home, and they only time I saw the police out in force during the time period you are quoting above, was when I saw 8-10 of them 'having a break' on a narrow pathway in Millhouses Park - none wearing face-masks, and none challenging me as to where I was going, while not wearing one, either.

6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Us supposedly 'asleep' people - well, this one anyway - was never forced to stay at home, and they only time I saw the police out in force during the time period you are quoting above, was when I saw 8-10 of them 'having a break' on a narrow pathway in Millhouses Park - none wearing face-masks, and none challenging me as to where I was going, while not wearing one, either.

It happened, sadly. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8164417/amp/Locals-block-driver-driven-115-miles-Snowdonia-despite-coronavirus-lockdown.html

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Although I was very careful NOT to read a lot of these 'reports', I was aware the stupidity was playing out amongst the semi-stupid part of the community at the opposite end to yours (also semi-stupid), but as I pointed out above, there were a very large number who took a more sensible approach.