Two Child Policy

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

It will and I presume has stopped many from  having babies as a job.

There's no evidence of this. Fertility rates are on a downward trajectory anyway, not just in the UK but the rest of Europe and beyond. Without migration, the UK's population would be reducing, this is the same for pretty much all European countries. South Korea's population is disappearing, Japan's too. China's is declining, India's is static but fertility is declining. The world is not that fussed about having kids anymore and the trend looks to be ever downwards. We don't need policies to discourage people from having kids and they don't work anyway. The same people who support this policy will be nagging people to have kids in ten years' time. Although most of you lot will be dead by then anyway.

Edited by Delbow

29 minutes ago, Delbow said:

There's no evidence of this. Fertility rates are on a downward trajectory anyway, not just in the UK but the rest of Europe and beyond. Without migration, the UK's population would be reducing, this is the same for pretty much all European countries. South Korea's population is disappearing, Japan's too. China's is declining, India's is static but fertility is declining. The world is not that fussed about having kids anymore and the trend looks to be ever downwards. We don't need policies to discourage people from having kids and they don't work anyway. The same people who support this policy will be nagging people to have kids in ten years' time. Although most of you lot will be dead by then anyway.

Why would it be a bad thing that our population is reduced?

Our country is overpopulated

Mass immigration and illegal migration at this level means we are importing poverty by the millions

People who will always be on benefits or minimum wage 

Currently over 50% of the population take out more than they put in

And that is rising

Our country is in an unrecoverable decline 

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Fertility rates are on a downward trajectory anyway, not just in the UK but the rest of Europe and beyond. Without migration, the UK's population would be reducing, this is the same for pretty much all European countries. South Korea's population is disappearing, Japan's too. China's is declining, India's is static but fertility is declining. The world is not that fussed about having kids anymore and the trend looks to be ever downwards.

Thats great, it will help reduce our co2 footprint and we can go back to consuming red meat and flying for holidays.

9 hours ago, El Cid said:

Thats great, it will help reduce our co2 footprint and we can go back to consuming red meat and flying for holidays.

It is great I think and it will reduce our carbon footprint. The second half of the 21st century is going to be a very bad time to be alive but in the 22nd the world's population is likely to be a lot smaller and you would hope that after the climate disaster has worked its way through that humans will have learned some lessons. I suspect that they will look back on the 19th-21st centuries as the zenith of human stupidity. If it gets archived, they'll have Sheffield Forum as reference.

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It is great I think and it will reduce our carbon footprint. The second half of the 21st century is going to be a very bad time to be alive but in the 22nd the world's population is likely to be a lot smaller and you would hope that after the climate disaster has worked its way through that humans will have learned some lessons. I suspect that they will look back on the 19th-21st centuries as the zenith of human stupidity. If it gets archived, they'll have Sheffield Forum as reference.

I'll be dead by then so I'll just enjoy my life now the way I want to live it 

10 hours ago, El Cid said:

There is nothing stopping you from doing either now, no matter what Greta Funsponge says. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Haha 1

So are you saying that there have never been any droughts, fires, floods and crop failures?

Because as far as I know they have always happened. 

Remember Band Aid? That was over 40 years ago 

In fact less people die from natural disasters now than through human history 

Edited by Jack Grey