Two Child Policy

10 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

People say this sort of thing as if immigrants don't age and need pensions. Do we then just have a constant stream of immigration so the new immigrants can pay the pensions of the older ones?  I'd also hazard a guess that the NHS might benefit from less people from overseas coming here to use it. It would be better to actually sort the issues out which the country is facing rather than think more immigration is the answer constantly. Japan, South Korea and various other countries seem to manage with zero immigration.

This is covered in the link I have posted before:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/pensions/news/why-state-pension-cannot-survive-without-immigration/

On average, younger people who come to Britain are fitter and are not making the same demands on the health service. Those in their 30s and 40s are typically “net contributors” to the exchequer.

However, immigrants who come to the UK and pay National Insurance do build up rights to the state pension, so the UK will have to pay them a pension in a generation. 

The most beneficial are those who come to the UK and retire in their countries of origin, he says. “From the taxpayer’s point of view, that’s absolutely brilliant,” 

“It is when we are all old that we make the heaviest demands on the public purse – we use the health service, we use social care, etc. If the people who’ve come to work in the UK then retire somewhere else, they’ve paid lots of taxes in but drawn relatively little out.

Britons would have to pay more in taxes if there was no net migration and key services for pensioners would be in trouble, including care homes. “The NHS would collapse,” 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigPP said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/pensions/news/why-state-pension-cannot-survive-without-immigration/

On average, younger people who come to Britain are fitter and are not making the same demands on the health service. Those in their 30s and 40s are typically “net contributors” to the exchequer.

However, immigrants who come to the UK and pay National Insurance do build up rights to the state pension, so the UK will have to pay them a pension in a generation. 

The most beneficial are those who come to the UK and retire in their countries of origin, he says. “From the taxpayer’s point of view, that’s absolutely brilliant,” 

“It is when we are all old that we make the heaviest demands on the public purse – we use the health service, we use social care, etc. If the people who’ve come to work in the UK then retire somewhere else, they’ve paid lots of taxes in but drawn relatively little out.

Britons would have to pay more in taxes if there was no net migration and key services for pensioners would be in trouble, including care homes. “The NHS would collapse,” 

That's an excellent point to be fair.

I personally know lots of Romanian and Bulgarians living and working in the UK legally and most if not all want to return home when they have paid their minimum contributions so they get a pension.

29 minutes ago, BigPP said:

I'm not sure at the exact figure but you have to earn around £26k in the UK until you contribute to the economy

And obviously the more kids, dependants and healthcare demands increases that figure

In Australia all minimum wage jobs have to go to locals. They will not allow immigrants to take those jobs

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I'm not sure at the exact figure but you have to earn around £26k in the UK until you contribute to the economy

And obviously the more kids, dependants and healthcare demands increases that figure

In Australia all minimum wage jobs have to go to locals. They will not allow immigrants to take those jobs

My Bold:  And yet, he's always against letting anyone have a pay rise so he can talk down to them.

20 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

My Bold:  And yet, he's always against letting anyone have a pay rise so he can talk down to them.

Also, lots of the people who like to accuse migrants of taking not giving are also pro-tax dodging. It's as if their racism gets in the way of any consistency.

• Like 2