Collapsing

12 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I see the Ukrainian children are going back to school even though bombs are dropping.

Ours are being pulled out because some soft cement might fall off.

🤦

With the Royal Family are getting their properties upgraded to the tune of millions at the taxpayers expense, and MPs are getting the Houses of Parliament upgraded with no expense spared,  tell them about the plight of Ukranian children!

9 hours ago, Mister M said:

With the Royal Family are getting their properties upgraded to the tune of millions at the taxpayers expense, and MPs are getting the Houses of Parliament upgraded with no expense spared,  tell them about the plight of Ukranian children!

That's a very good point but Bundy's one of those who thinks that all the money should go to those at the top,  who don't need it.

Edited by Organgrinder

5 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

That's a very good point but Bundy's one of those who thinks that all the money should go to those the top,  who don't need it.

Really, where have I said that, or is it just another typical lazy throwaway comment made to those who are right wing?

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Really, where have I said that, or is it just another typical lazy throwaway comment made to those who are right wing?

I've never heard you taking the  P   out of MP's because we were spending  a lot on repairing Westminster.

I've never heard you taking the   P   out of the royals because we spend a lot maintaining  and repairing royal palaces.

Why take the P out of our kids because they are going to repair a few schools,  when they should never have been allowed to get like that in the first place.

I am never lazy.  Not a throwaway comment but justified by your taunting remarks about our kids.  Shame you laugh at Ukrainian kids too,  but that's a tight fisted, couldn't care less,  righty for you.

On 02/09/2023 at 12:28, Mister M said:

I was reading one of the newspapers, and it was saying that at least one school in this area has this RAAC concrete. 

Anyone know which one it is?

TBH I suspect this is a typical modern over cautious over reaction.

What they do not appear to have taken into account is the balance between the exceptionally small risk of the death or serious injury to a child v the certain damage to possibly tens of thousands of kids education.

Remember, we have been told that a child missing one weeks school is so serious their parents should get fined for it.

On the other hand pupils did miss seven months education during Covid so maybe the damage caused by missed school time isn't that great ? (censored)

Edited by Chekhov