Collapsing

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

TBH I suspect this is a typical modern over cautious over reaction.

What they do not appear to have taken into account is the balance between the exceptionally small risk of the death or serious injury to a child v the certain damage to possibly tens of thousands of kids education.

Remember, we have been told that a child missing one weeks school is so serious their parents should get fined for it.

On the other hand pupils did miss seven months education during Covid so maybe the damage caused by missed school time isn't that great ? (censored)

Can you show us your working?

What is the risk of a kid getting killed?  What is the cost of that? 

What is the cost of teaching kids off site whilst buildings are made safe?

The trouble is that these buildings can collapse with no warning. Given that we know that, what should our response be?  Should we continue to put kids into these classrooms until one collapses and kills people?  Or, should we fix the problem?

Of course, if the Tories hadn’t abandoned the Bulding Schools For The Future program, this wouldn’t be an issue now.

Yet another example of why Conservative governments are catastrophic for public services.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Can you show us your working?

What is the risk of a kid getting killed?  What is the cost of that? 

What is the cost of teaching kids off site whilst buildings are made safe?

The trouble is that these buildings can collapse with no warning. Given that we know that, what should our response be?  Should we continue to put kids into these classrooms until one collapses and kills people?  Or, should we fix the problem?

Of course, if the Tories hadn’t abandoned the Bulding Schools For The Future program, this wouldn’t be an issue now.

Yet another example of why Conservative governments are catastrophic for public services.

>>What is the risk of a kid getting killed?<<

The $64,000 question and what I'd like to know.

Is it, for instance, less than the risk of them getting killed in their parents' car ?

>>What is the cost of teaching kids off site whilst buildings are made safe?<<

I'll bet it's not that simple at all.

Edited by Chekhov

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

>>What is the risk of a kid getting killed?<<

The $64,000 question and what I'd like to know.

Is it, for instance, less than the risk of them getting killed in their parents' car ?

>>What is the cost of teaching kids off site whilst buildings are made safe?<<

I'll bet it's not that simple at all.

You carry on betting on kid’s lives.

I think that most rational people will take a different view.