Collapsing

On 03/09/2023 at 10:22, Al Bundy said:

I see the Ukrainian children are going back to school even though bombs are dropping.

Ours are being pulled out because some soft cement might fall off.

🤦

Hitlers fault,  If he hadn't started a war we wouldn't have had all the baby boomers and the need for schools to be built in a hurry.

4 hours ago, Prettytom said:

You carry on betting on kid’s lives.

I think that most rational people will take a different view.

So you think we should severely affect thousands of kids' education without working out the risk they are actually exposed to ?

It may well be that statistically the kids are in more danger dying on the journey to school than from the roof collapsing onto them.

You authoritarians love ordering people about and banning stuff so much you're really not bothered about if it's actually needed are you ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

So you think we should severely affect thousands of kids' education without working out the risk they are actually exposed to ?

It may well be that statistically the kids are in more danger dying on the journey to school than from the roof collapsing onto them.

You authoritarians love ordering people about and banning stuff so much you're really not bothered about if it's actually needed are you ?

Who's ordering anyone about?

It may well be that this aero concrete is safe in some schools, but not others - and it may well be that some structures with this material is not safe.

I'm sure we'd all be reassured if surveyors carried out safety checks of school buildings. 

Though I'm bound to say, the best time to have done it would've been during lockdown so that kid's education wouldn't have been affected

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

You get more ridiculous by the day.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

You get more ridiculous by the day.

He'll be the very first to start screaming if his kid gets flattened under a falling classroom ceiling.

And when he starts screaming   -   he never stops again.

36 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

He'll be the very first to start screaming if his kid gets flattened under a falling classroom ceiling.

And when he starts screaming   -   he never stops again.

I’m fascinated to know how he thinks that we should find out whether school closures are really needed.

I’d think that such a decision would require expert input from structural engineers. We all know what Checkers thinks about experts, because he tells us repeatedly.

13 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I’m fascinated to know how he thinks that we should find out whether school closures are really needed.

I’d think that such a decision would require expert input from structural engineers. We all know what Checkers thinks about experts, because he tells us repeatedly.

It would have to be Chekhov who decides.

He knows more than all the   "experts"   put together,  or so he's been telling us for a long long time,

I'm amazed that,  when he was born,  there were no angels flying about to announce it.