The Finest Englishman Or Woman Who Ever Lived?

9 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Late uncle of mine was a bricklayer, he was knackered in his late 50’s. Hard bloody graft when you get to a certain age.

You have to bail out , I did went to sea (coastal waters ) at 50 years old ended up skint but happy .

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

You have to bail out , I did went to sea (coastal waters ) at 50 years old ended up skint but happy .

You just have to walk past a building site and stop for a few minutes and look at what’s going on to realize it’s not a place of work for anyone over a certain age.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

The Conservative party have been benefitting a tiny majority of people over the majority for decades but people still vote for them.

Some people are more than happy if the Government benefit those who are already wealthy. 

What they don't like is losing their position of status at the lower reaches of the pecking order, so that they no longer feel they're better than someone else.

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Bricklayers , pffft . Try humping a full hod up and down a pole ladder all day and keeping the mixer full .

If tha thinks that we didn't muck in on a flat start you have no idea what you are talking about .

15 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You bought a boat? 

One work boat one to live on .

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Slinny and a few Irish blokes did that.

Irish on our sites usually dug foundations ,(no mini diggers to be seen )the  only non Sheffield hod carrier we had was a West Indian called Les , you did not mess with Les 

Edited by cuttsie