Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

the thing to do is run your tank low, almost empty then fill up with shell and see if you notice a difference.

---------- Post added 28-03-2017 at 20:13 ----------

Iv shopped there many years, when they started selling Diesel and petrol I rang them and they couldn't tell me what brand fuel they sell so I have never bought fuel from them.

ive been filling my BMW up ever since the station opened, i have no problem with it

if its twelve months since it opened its flown by

Given that supermarkets etc. do not refine petrol but buy it wholesale, why should the retailer's identity have any effect at all?

Hi

Have been filling up at costco with petrol for about a year. Coincidentally I've got a little hesitation in pickup and the stop / start sometimes grumbles. The car is not yet 3 years old and has only done 20k. It's been back to the dealers.

What do people think about the quality of costco petrol, whilst its cheap I'm wondering if the quality is good or bad?

Thanks

What type of car have you got? I'll guarantee you it's not the fuel at Costco. Like someone else has already said, its premium fuel.

Hi

Have been filling up at costco with petrol for about a year. Coincidentally I've got a little hesitation in pickup and the stop / start sometimes grumbles. The car is not yet 3 years old and has only done 20k. It's been back to the dealers.

What do people think about the quality of costco petrol, whilst its cheap I'm wondering if the quality is good or bad?

Thanks

Do you work for Makro ;)

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I'll discount the fuel then and go back to the VW/Audi dealer.

The reason I thought of the fuel was because many years ago some people used to say certain makes of cheaper fuel were of inferior quality compared to the mainstream Shell, Esso etc..

They are. That's why the 'supermarkets etc' including Costco don't know where their fuel is from.

Any company can put a generic word such as 'premium' on their products, but if they don't know the source, how can it be relevant? Premium compared to what?

They are. That's why the 'supermarkets etc' including Costco don't know where their fuel is from.

Any company can put a generic word such as 'premium' on their products, but if they don't know the source, how can it be relevant? Premium compared to what?

Info on Costco fuel is here:

"You Deserve Higher Quality Gasoline...

Several automobile manufacturers recommend the use of TOP TIER™ gasoline to maintain optimal performance. Costco is listed as a TOP TIER™ gasoline retailer. Find out more at http://www.toptiergas.com.

Kirkland Signature™ Gasoline contains five times the EPA detergent requirement in both regular unleaded and premium grades, and is formulated to clean your engine and help your vehicle run like new.

As our valued member, you expect Costco to always offer the finest quality products at the best possible price. Our fuel is no exception. Costco has closely studied fuel additives and engine deposits, and conducted extensive engine tests at nationally-recognized laboratories. Accordingly, we decided to increase the detergent additives in our fuel to provide a better value to our members."

https://www.costco.com/gasoline.html

Its American based but Costco applies the same standards in all countries it has stores.

Edited by Guest

Info on Costco fuel is here:

"You Deserve Higher Quality Gasoline...

Several automobile manufacturers recommend the use of TOP TIER™ gasoline to maintain optimal performance. Costco is listed as a TOP TIER™ gasoline retailer. Find out more at http://www.toptiergas.com.

Kirkland Signature™ Gasoline contains five times the EPA detergent requirement in both regular unleaded and premium grades, and is formulated to clean your engine and help your vehicle run like new.

As our valued member, you expect Costco to always offer the finest quality products at the best possible price. Our fuel is no exception. Costco has closely studied fuel additives and engine deposits, and conducted extensive engine tests at nationally-recognized laboratories. Accordingly, we decided to increase the detergent additives in our fuel to provide a better value to our members."

https://www.costco.com/gasoline.html

Its American based but Costco applies the same standards in all countries it has stores.

UK Costco customer services doesn't know what brand fuel it is supplying, according to Costco customer services UK.

I'm not stating that it is of a poor or high standard, as we don't know. Personally i've used both their Unleaded and Diesel, with no issue.

Having a quick gander, i've not been able to find any source that states Top Tier Gasoline provide fuel anywhere in the UK. So not sure how that is relevant.

Edited by beansforyou

'Premium' is a weasel-word, just like 'quality'.

A premium is a price. It does not connote 'superior/better/etc.'

Similarly, those who advertise goods and services as 'quality' do not realise that quality can be good or bad or anywhere in between!