Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

I was in Costco today - it was really good.

They were busy but not so busy that you had to queue. They were giving away heaps of samples - the hot cross buns were nice.

It is always good whenever I go. They've always got new stuff to look at - the amount of gardening stuff is crazy!

They had sheds, patio furniture, wheelie bins, solar lamps, statues and even a hammock. I actually went in to look at the 8 person spa that they sell - it was sold out!

I think the best bargain was the Magners - 12 bottles for about 12 quid, if you compare that to the pubs it was a steal. I bought myself a bbq and some aberdeen angus steak burgers.

I'M ALL SET FOR MY BANK HOLIDAY!

A special thank you to Kath who put my photo on my card - it was nice to have someone who can answer your questions without looking lost.

PS - Booked my car in for 2 new tyres on Monday - where else can you get tyres fitted on a bank holiday????

Please tell me if you know.

I find the tires very good value too (saved around £100 compared to other places for 4 tires last week). However I was trying to keep quiet about it as I was buying crates of bottled water there recently and was amazed by the price, I posted it on the net and suddely they were sold out. Worse still, when they came back in stock the price had shot up :(

Some things are cheaper, some things aren't. They had Philips 40something" plasma TVs in there for around £1k recently (inc. vat) that my mate picked up for £600 online. There are also a couple of other things that work out cheaper elsewhere if you shop around (such as laptops). Having said that, there are many bargains to be had in there and I use it often.

We shop there quite a bit and there is only the two of us. I like tinned tuna and it works out quite a bit cheaper than buying at at the supermarket. Also just find it more convienient to buy things in bulk once every month or two as it saves time at the supermarket each week.

They do have trade cards but some "none business" people can have cards too. I work for the NHS and I got a card when the reps had a stand in our canteen. Lots of people can get cards - especially if you work for a company and costco sell your goods - for example, my mate works at the campbells/oxo factory in Worksop and he joined because they sell campbells products. seems fair.

I think it's like local government and civil servants too.

This is the number from my "welcome pack" ooh er! 0114 2427590

I agree lalaland. Some stuff does seem to sell out quick but I suppose if the price is good then local shops could buy in real bulk and then it'd be sold out.

Can't help but wonder if the local shop passes the savings on to its customers tho! ahem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

been to costco today for a look around well inpressed with some of the goods. they have a cafe and there was plenty of freebiz while walking round didnt need to eat anything after that so i decided to join for a year ive got nothing to lose with their money back guarantee went straight back in and ordered a birthday cake for my son couldnt believe it was only £8.99 tyre prices arent bad either they only do michellin but well worth getting the best for what you pay:) :) :) i,ll be going on a regular basis from now on would advise anybody to go and check it out:)