Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

the membership fee is £25 for me and the wife, some body did a comparison shop there and the conclusion they came to was that if you bought in bulk i,e catering tins of toms or big bottles of sources the supermarket is cheaper, but imo their meat is for superior to any supermarket, i don't know if it still applies but only people with certain jobs can be members.

Apparently Costco have their own oil refineries so expect the petrol pump prices to be a lot cheaper than everywhere else.

No.

From Costco.com

Where does Costco get its gas? [petrol]

Costco buys fuel from major refineries and distributors in each area. All Costco gasoline is fully guaranteed, just like the merchandise we sell inside the warehouse.

LINK

I think the special offers are good at Costco - and if you only ever normally have access to supermarkets then even some of the normal priced stuff at Costco can save you money.

I buy my razor blades from there for example. They cost something like £20 a pack of 8 from Tesco - but I can get 16 or 20 of the same brand from Costco and that's quite a saving.

Having said that, not everything is a bargain there, or cheaper than you can get elsewhere. I find the best policy is to have a limited number of things that you routinely buy and know your prices.

So, another example, I have been buying the big coffee tins of Nescafe Gold Blend from Costco - thinking I was saving a fortune on coffee. Which I was - compared to say buying a small jar from Tesco. But you can go online and buy the same size Nescafe Gold Blend coffee tin several pounds cheaper than Costco.

As for meat - I would buy chicken breasts and maybe mince from there in bulk but I'm not impressed by the other stuff. I dare say it's an improvement over supermarket meat but I am very particular about meat and wouldn't buy a roasting joint from a supermarket or Costco.

I enjoy beef that has been aged, preferably dry-aged, for a minimum of 28 days and comes with it's natural thick yellow fat on it - and is deep purpley red in colour. I realise that puts me in the minority as most folks seem to think bright red beef with no fat on it is normal. It isn't. But it's cheap.