Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

i bought an actifry, it burst into flames and they wouldn't replace it un till we re-newed our membership, they said there's now point in threatening with trading standards, they were aloud to do that.

I was thinking of buying one of them myself. I must check to see when my membership expires first!

You did well getting an Actifry to burst into flames didn't you? They only take 1 spoonful of oil. Did you overfill it or put it on the gas or something?

I was thinking of buying one of them myself. I must check to see when my membership expires first!

You did well getting an Actifry to burst into flames didn't you? They only take 1 spoonful of oil. Did you overfill it or put it on the gas or something?

Mine burst into flames as well its some thing in the motor its made of plastic and gets very hot that hot in fact it catches fire and actifry know about it leave well alone, also you may be surprised the one spoonful of oil is more than we use in our Tefal deep fat fryer when we change the oil in the Tefal after ten users we have not used the equivalent to ten of those spoons at least thats what we found

Also i might ad the chips taste like oven chips nothing special.

Edited by kidley

• 3 years later...
The petrol station should be up and running for members on Monday/Tuesday. 24th of Feb was the intended date but I've heard they're ahead of schedule.

When we were at Costco yesterday there were cars in the filling station, but we assumed they were just there to test things out ahead of the opening on 24th.

Been going there for 5 years now and even with the fee, it works out worthwhile if you know where the best savings are, and are happy to buy in bulk.

Regularly make good savings on soft drinks, and the crates of 35 bottles of water for under £4, and on the large washing powders and liquids - though much of the stuff you can find cheaper in supermarket promotions.

Have to say though, the kitchen is always worth a visit for a cottage pie, huge pizza slices or jacket spuds, all at very good prices, and I'm told that latte is gorgeous! :)

I've got a Costco card from work (free for me) and to be honest I've never really bought things in there that I needed; I walk about a bit and end up leaving with a bulk box of baby wipes (I have kids) and a load of shortbread each time.

Most of the bulk food I'd either struggle to find a home for or actually eat before it went off. I've got two freezers but I'm not about to fill a whole freezer with chicken because I'm saving a few quid.