Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

I am still waiting for my JTF card (someone said something about them only sending out 2 per company??) but will take a look when / if it arrives.

I am looking for a place to buy the pet food in bulk though to save cash, would be nice :D

I Think JTF Issue Cards When You Go To Collect Them In Person.I Had One Done For My Sister When I Joined,And They Told Me They'd Give It To Her When She Came To Collect It.

Regarding Pet Food Though,(Depending On What You Feed Them),I Find It Cheaper At Morrisons-But Then Again,I Only Buy The "My Dog" Stuff.It's Only About 69p For A 1.2Kg Tin And The Dog Seems To Like It.:thumbsup:

I would say that Costo is the John Lewis or Waitrose version of the warehouses. You've got the higher range brands, not a Happy Shopper name in sight; I doubt that many traders would go to fill their trolleys for their shops simply because the ranges are limited and obscure. If you're after top quality salmon, cheesecakes for a tenner or posh juices, then you're in the right place - but even then there's only one or two to pick from.

There were plenty of free sample stalls - whether that was because it was the opening weekend I'm not sure.

Then there were the things that you just wouldnt think of going to a warehouse to buy. Tractor owners, would you think of going to Costco for a new tyre? £1500 and it's yours! Then there's the jewellery section, what looked like cheap costume jewellery had a four figure price tag on it. Not forgetting the giant juke boxes as you walk in.

Not an iPod in sight, then again I dont think Makro sell them.

The checkout was interesting. Where you would naturally follow your trolley down one side of the conveyor belt is no go territory in Costco, you are guided down the other side, while an assistant ruffles through your shopping as you watch on.

thankyou for the wellcome poppins, sorry if I've taken half your name.

I found a realy nice bag at costco for work, but it was £580 so decided not to bother,also there was huge platters of prawn salads and various realy nice curries and all sorts of things but the sell by was the same day, so they were never going to sell them, wonder if they sell thing cheap near closing like they do in asda

Costco's policy is to only sell the market leaders unless they can get a lesser-known product that is better quality, so you're likely to only find brand names in there. There are bargains to be found though - Jelly Belly jelly beans for one.

Somone told me that joining fees for retailers/wholesalers were in fact illegal. They said Matalan had got in to hot water as it's a monopolies issue coz the money they raise from joiners, gives them enough to buy a new store somewhere else, so, hence, an unfair advantage. Anyone else heard of this?

I work across the road from costco

Has anyone seen the tyre fitting bays at the side of the building ???

Whats that all about ? Thought is was a cash and carry :confused: :confused: :confused:

They sell & fit tyres - but only Michelins (well that's what they told us when they called in at our Alloy Wheel/Tyre place and flogged us a membership, so it didn't bother us that much).