Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

I work across the road from costco

Has anyone seen the tyre fitting bays at the side of the building ???

Whats that all about ? Thought is was a cash and carry :confused: :confused: :confused:

We went in on the preview evening (lots of lovely free food) and the tyres are cheaper than I've found. I recently fitted Michelins to my car and after shopping around got the price down to £105 each. Costco price was £92, fully fitted/balanced/valve.

I thought they had some good stuff in there, so we will going back. We've got our eyes on a new big washing machine and dryer :)

thankyou for the wellcome poppins, sorry if I've taken half your name.

I found a realy nice bag at costco for work, but it was £580 so decided not to bother,also there was huge platters of prawn salads and various realy nice curries and all sorts of things but the sell by was the same day, so they were never going to sell them, wonder if they sell thing cheap near closing like they do in asda

Mary, a bag for 580 pounds? don't think my pc was that much, what was it made of ?

I've still not been to the new Sheffield one, but was in Liverpool yesterday and visited there's while I had some spare time.

It was quite impressive and there were lots of items that were of use to me.

Not everything is cheaper, but you get that at all cash and carry type places, however there are many items that are cheaper.

One thing that annoyed me was that the wood stain I just bought the other day for £15 was only £7.50 in there, so half price (even adding VAT to that it's still cheaper). Ah well...:D

it's completely different type of store from makro etc.

It targets professionals, so tis entirely chav free. They have all the products out on display so you can play around with them and stuff. When you go try out the electric golf trolley :D

Regarding the canoes etc, they just sell the most random stuff, which I assume some people must want otherwise they wouldnt sell it.

They cap their profit margins on any product at 14% or 15% on their own brand products (kirkland)

They sell high quality products at low prices, rather than cheap tack, this may be why it "seems expensive" their refund policy is also the most generous I have ever seen,

Michelin tyres are the cheapest, I bet you will not find any other company anywhere with cheaper tyres made by michelin.

One absolute bargain I spotted yesterday was wenger (swiss army) notebook wheelie case thingy - £42, the exact same thing in debenhams was over £80.

Their selection is extremely limited, they may sell only 2 or 3 types of each product, if that, this is because they will be able to sell more of a specific product. The products will also be top of the range, for example their shoes are made by good brands, lacoste shirts, levis jeans, their own branded clothing is good value too.

Also how anyone can say makro is better than costco is beyod me, makro just seems to shoddy and poor with a crappy selection of products.

The cafe is also excellent at costco huge pizza slice for £1.50 and jacket potatoes for £1.50

I love how places like this still advertise themselves to be "Trade Only"

They couldn't be further from trade only if they tried.

It gives it an exclusive feel, so people feel privelaged if they can get in and others can't.

But anybody can get in right ?

I believe they do a visitors pass so if you aren't a member you can look around but not buy anything.

Membership is a little tricky to get for some people, but there are ways around it in some cases. I've seen people turned away when I've been there because they couldn't prove entitlement for a membership.