Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

The wife and i went to the preview evening and the day after for our weekly shop. A lot of the stuff you have to bulk buy like trays of beans but it is possible to do some of your weekly shop and the prices were really good according to her indoors. Also the electrical stuff is cheap, she`s got her eye on a whirlpool dishwasher for £100. Sounds good to me. I think it will come into it`s own for xmas when we have to buy toys for our 3 grand kids. I quite fancy the inflatable football pitch (not)

I love how places like this still advertise themselves to be "Trade Only"

They couldn't be further from trade only if they tried.

Agreed!

Lest we forget - long forgotten post from the costco manager (pre opening propaganda)

Costco is NOT open to the general public, Trade membership is available to bonafide business owners only. To join you must provide proof of trading - you can access this at costco.co.uk

from costco managers statement

I told you they were blaggers back then, ye of little faith :roll:

Trade my @arse :roll: :roll:

They are trade only for their trade membership. The entry requirements are less for the regular membership.

Now I'm really confused laalaa.

Does this mean that they have two different pricing structures, one for trade and one for 'not so trade' regular membership?

Now I'm really confused laalaa.

Does this mean that they have two different pricing structures, one for trade and one for 'not so trade' regular membership?

The Prices Are The Same For Everyone.However,Being A "Trade" Member Allows You To Go In A Couple Of Hours Earlier On A Week Day.

I'll Be Able To Buy My Canoe Before Everyone Else Turns Up.

I went today and was happy to get dog food at a much reduced price to normal.

It cost me £7 per bag of 17KG dog food, so I got two. That will definately save money over the supermarket prices we normallypay and he likes it too.

Cat food wasn't badly priced, although not as cheap as the dog food.

I noticed a lot of savings on car care stuff, especially compared to the likes of Halfords. They had some nice home valet packs with loads of extras for abuot £7 and that wonder wheels alloy cleaner stuff cost the same in there for 6 litres as it does for 1 litre normally.

There seem to be quite a lot of savings to be had in there, especially if you buy the items in bulk.

I'd say it's definately a better shop than Makro and JTF and I'll be using it more often.

You could tell it was a new store with new staff, most of them seemed very eager and friendly with only one person being misserable at the till and not smiling. Wonder how long that will last :D

You could tell it was a new store with new staff, most of them seemed very eager and friendly with only one person being misserable at the till and not smiling. Wonder how long that will last :D

Spot On With That One,Mate.:thumbsup:

Are You A Member Of Parfetts? They Had The Dog Food You Mentioned On Offer The Other Day.It Was A BOGOF Offer On 6x2.5KG Bags So It Worked Out At 30KG For About £9.These Days With All The Warehouses To Go To,It's Amazing What Offers They Put On-You've Just Gotta Look Out For 'Em.:thumbsup: