Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

No Iv neva had anyone at macro search my bags as well as the items in my trolly. Perhaps costco should install security cameras or and erm security. Maybe Macro just trust their customers more.

They both look at your trolley and stamp it off on your paper work and that seems fair enough to me, I don't have anything to hide, but I've never known them check Ms Lalaland's bag or anything like that, did they do this to you?

They both look at your trolley and stamp it off on your paper work and that seems fair enough to me, I don't have anything to hide, but I've never known them check Ms Lalaland's bag or anything like that, did they do this to you?

Perhaps its only when you walk out after buying nothing.

I am happy with the place, they are decent prices and so far I've only come across one member of staff that annoyed me in there. It doesn't seem to busy either, so I can get in and out quickly enough, but I suspect this will change towards Christmas.

As for the annoying staff I too have only ever come across one member who annoyed me, an old chap on the door nsists on telling me unfunny jokes each time I enter.

Perhaps its only when you walk out after buying nothing.
The first time we went in was just to have a look and we didn't buy a thing, they still left us alone though. Maybe you look dodgey :hihi: (only joking, I am sure you are an honest person)

As for the annoying staff I too have only ever come across one member who annoyed me, an old chap on the door nsists on telling me unfunny jokes each time I enter.
It's the people behind the customer service desk that annoyed me, everyone else there seems very professional and focused (I'd expect that being a new job for most of them).

Well we did our first shop at Costco this week and we're very happy with it.

The Kirkland stuff is a lot better quality than the Aro stuff Makro sell.

As with Makro, we'll be comparing prices v the supermarkets, but the bulk buying is a big plus for so many things.

We weren't treated like criminals either :)

Yeah, the buying in bulk is very handy.

Animal food and car care is my favourite there. Ms Lalaland got some girly products there very cheap too (in bulk again).

You can't get everything cheap there, so Tesco will still be used for us, but on stuff like washing powder and of course when having BBQs or parties it's a winner.

None traders think its cheap because they are getting them at trade prices but what do trade get erm notthing just a membership fee and the odd trade hour which seems late especially when you have traders going to the wrole sale markets at times like 6am. Most of them like to shop before their shop opens. I think trade should be able to get in for free to encourrage them to go.

Has anyone had their photos done their, I have mine done at asda I was just wondering what their like.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes I have been to the new costco.

AND

MACRO is Cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!

sick to macro.

my membership cost me about £35 with vat that only lasts for 1 year I think its about £25 if your trade.

So when you go in and see the dear prices dont forget to add the extra 35 quid they took from you to just get in the place.

The only good thing about costco is the optitians their great really nice people and contacts lenses are cheap. Cafe is ok but they dont give much choice at all not a place you could visit often.

Costco hate marco because it sells *cheap tack* their words not mine, but dont forget costco also make their own cheap tack Kirkland signature.

Tires are good priced while their on offer and if you buy 4 but they only sell one make and most cars recomend others.

one last thing dont forget to check the sell by dates on their food cakes, bread etc.

kirkland is cheap but not tack.

kirkland is cheap but not tack.

Got to agree on this, I went there yesterday and got nearly 2KGs of Jelly Belly Beans for just over £10 under the Kirkland brand.

They are genuine JBs, but have the Kirkland logo at the top and that's definately the cheapest I've seen them compared to Woolworths and even Ebay.

JBs are quite a big brand and normally over priced, so the Kirkland brand here is good value.

None traders think its cheap because they are getting them at trade prices but what do trade get erm notthing just a membership fee and the odd trade hour which seems late especially when you have traders going to the wrole sale markets at times like 6am. Most of them like to shop before their shop opens. I think trade should be able to get in for free to encourrage them to go.

Has anyone had their photos done their, I have mine done at asda I was just wondering what their like.

ACTUALLY, most traders would think it IS worth it because they would save over £25 a week if they used Costco anyway.

I'm guessing you're not actually a trader.

There is a reason why Costco is so successfull all over the world and not just in the US.