Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

Few things are cheaper in Costco -milk,yoghurt biopot onken,TV's -good thing is that they come with 3 years guarantee> The store looks bright and big but still makro remains cheaper ( ? quality) for a non trade member.

ah yes but the 3 year warrenty.

in that 3 years do you have to take the item back into costco if it goes faulty,

if yes then you need to be a member for those 3 years, meaning they've got you right where they want you. some manufactuers allready do 3-5 year warrenty. such as dyson and Lg, at no extra cost.

I went into macro today and it was packed, I went into costco and it was dead. and i got through checkout quicker at macro.

in that 3 years do you have to take the item back into costco if it goes faulty,

if yes then you need to be a member for those 3 years, meaning they've got you right where they want you. some manufactuers allready do 3-5 year warrenty. such as dyson and Lg, at no extra cost.

I went into macro today and it was packed, I went into costco and it was dead. and i got through checkout quicker at macro.

erm, no?

You have the reciept so you can just take it back to the store. Standard SOGA stuff.

Costco's garuantee is additional to any provided by the manufacturer and is very handy. You can simply decide you don't want the product any longer and return it for a 100% refund, no problem.

I used this the other day after I bought a DVD HDD recorder from there. It wasn't as good as I thought so I put it back in it's box (missing a few bits of packaging) and took it back. They instantly gave me my money back and thanked me for my business.

It's a nice extra piece of mind that they have a no questions asked refund system.

went for first time the other day. Some excellent deals. Nintendo DS games (limited choice though) at £22 instead of normal £30 in the shops, Whirlpool oven/gas hob for £229, storage containers which we got loads of were £5 instead of £8. The meat and bakery products looked excellent. Beer deals OK. Cases of wine very good though - like box of six bottles Jacobs Creek was £18. Laptop PCs excellent value too. Can understand why for some people it's a bit hit and miss - like on the foodstuffs you probably save a few percent plus the VAT but even saving that if you use it regularly for bulk buying food you're going to save a fair bit over a year. Think it's the sort of place we'd probably visit every month to stock up on household stuff, to fill up the freezer and to make occasional big purchases when there's stuff that we want in stock. Will probably save us a lot of dosh at Christmas.