My Smart Tv Won't Switch Off.

Anna B

As title says. I watched something on my 'Medion smart Android', TV using the 'red button' for the first time last night. It worked! watched programme, then turned it off, and went to bed.

Today, TV wouldn't turn on properly, in fact I didn't think it had turned on at all until the daylight in living room faded this evening and then I realised it was in fact 'on' with a kind of dim luminescent glow to the screen but no picture at all.  But it will not respond in any way to remote control; tried most of buttons but no menu, no programmes, and no sound, just a blank screen. The User Manual no use at all, might as well be written in Chinese. Now it won't turn off either. I can't get round the back to unplug it, and I'm afraid it might overheat during the night. It's always been a pain, I've never really known how to use it, it's way too smart for me....

Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Anna B

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Unfortunately I can't get to plug socket as it's round the back and I can't shift TV.  

Remote is working, but I will try it with new batteries just in case.

Thanks.

This might sound a bit drastic but can you get to your fuse board and switch the wall sockets off from there?

My reason for suggesting this is I (many years ago) had an oven that wouldn't switch off.  Turned out the knob was broken. Anyhow I just switched it off from the fuse board. Job done.

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Unfortunately I can't get to plug socket as it's round the back and I can't shift TV.  

Remote is working, but I will try it with new batteries just in case.

Thanks.

I get all sorts of problems with mine...

I always switch it off on the extension lead for a minute or two, always seems to work...

If your desperate I'll pop round and unplug it for you... assuming you live in Ecclesfield...

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

I get all sorts of problems with mine...

I always switch it off on the extension lead for a minute or two, always seems to work...

If your desperate I'll pop round and unplug it for you... assuming you live in Ecclesfield...

Aw Padders that's so kind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

If you can't get the power off Anna don't worry about the TV overheating. It should be perfectly safe. 

Now then maestro,

While were on the subject of TV's, check this out for me,

I can get the sound on every channel bar one, 102 is HD for BBC 2. thats's fine..

101 is HD for BBC 1   

But there's no sound on 101?

Dunt bother me cus I never put it on 101. but it baffles me..

Try 101 daddy, and tell me is the sound on...

MY HEROES!!!

Sorry for delay, but I tried Daddy's advice and switched electric off at the mains. (That was a job in itself, getting down on the floor as switch is in back of low cupboard.)TV went off completely, along with everything else, and when I switched mains back on, TV came back on with picture and sound! 

You are both brilliant. Thankyou so much.

I've now switched TV off, and am going to go to bed with a stiff gin and tonic, (enough excitement for one day,) safe in the knowledge that I won't be burnt in my bed after all, thanks to you two gallant knights coming to my rescue. 

What can I say, but thankyou again. You have been lovely. xxx ☺️ 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

Now then maestro,

While were on the subject of TV's, check this out for me,

I can get the sound on every channel bar one, 102 is HD for BBC 2. thats's fine..

101 is HD for BBC 1   

But there's no sound on 101?

Dunt bother me cus I never put it on 101. but it baffles me..

Try 101 daddy, and tell me is the sound on...

Could it do with being returned? 

Is it Freeview Padders?

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

MY HEROES!!!

Sorry for delay, but I tried Daddy's advice and switched electric off at the mains. (That was a job in itself, getting down on the floor as switch is in back of low cupboard.)TV went off completely, along with everything else, and when I switched mains back on, TV came back on with picture and sound! 

You are both brilliant. Thankyou so much.

I've now switched TV off, and am going to go to bed with a stiff gin and tonic, (enough excitement for one day,) safe in the knowledge that I won't be burnt in my bed after all, thanks to you two gallant knights coming to my rescue. 

What can I say, but thankyou again. You have been lovely. xxx ☺️ 

You're welcome Anna. Glad it's sorted. You have nice night lovey🙏