My Smart Tv Won't Switch Off.

Anna B

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Could it do with being returned? 

Is it Freeview Padders?

You're welcome Anna. Glad it's sorted. You have nice night lovey🙏

Guarantee has run out Daddy :hihi:

I can get all the freeview channels no problem.

It's just on 101 no sound...

I'll try a retune tomorrow pal...

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

As title says. I watched something on my 'Medion smart Android', TV using the 'red button' for the first time last night. It worked! watched programme, then turned it off, and went to bed.

Today, TV wouldn't turn on properly, in fact I didn't think it had turned on at all until the daylight in living room faded this evening and then I realised it was in fact 'on' with a kind of dim luminescent glow to the screen but no picture at all.  But it will not respond in any way to remote control; tried most of buttons but no menu, no programmes, and no sound, just a blank screen. The User Manual no use at all, might as well be written in Chinese. Now it won't turn off either. I can't get round the back to unplug it, and I'm afraid it might overheat during the night. It's always been a pain, I've never really known how to use it, it's way too smart for me....

Anyone got any ideas?

Throw a bucket of water on it

That'll sort it out 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Anna B said:

MY HEROES!!!

Sorry for delay, but I tried Daddy's advice and switched electric off at the mains. (That was a job in itself, getting down on the floor as switch is in back of low cupboard.)TV went off completely, along with everything else, and when I switched mains back on, TV came back on with picture and sound! 

You are both brilliant. Thankyou so much.

I've now switched TV off, and am going to go to bed with a stiff gin and tonic, (enough excitement for one day,) safe in the knowledge that I won't be burnt in my bed after all, thanks to you two gallant knights coming to my rescue. 

What can I say, but thankyou again. You have been lovely. xxx ☺️ 

Good morning Anna, what a lovely day.

Now I've have a 50 inch Hitachi TV.  and it likes to play silly buggers with me, not anymore, if it does decide to have a little bit of fun with me I simply give it a severe reprimand and unplug it.....

This is the equivalent of sending it to bed...

Now, like you I couldn't get to the plug, unless I went into contortionist mode.

I'm quite capable of moving the TV myself, but being ham-fisted I daren't, not on my own..

On the socket it's self is an off-on switch, so I came up with a cunning plan, I'd get my clothes prop out of the garage and use that..

Even doing that was a bit of messing about...

So I came up with an even better cunning plan.

For a few pounds I bought an extension lead with on-off switches on.

So now when it thinks it's being clever and naughty, I simply switch it off.

It thinks it's being Smart, but not as Smart as me.

Buy an extension lead Anna.

Lovely weather, so as my car has been a good boy I'm going to give it a wash and polish.......

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Good morning Anna, what a lovely day.

Now I've have a 50 inch Hitachi TV.  and it likes to play silly buggers with me, not anymore, if it does decide to have a little bit of fun with me I simply give it a severe reprimand and unplug it.....

This is the equivalent of sending it to bed...

Now, like you I couldn't get to the plug, unless I went into contortionist mode.

I'm quite capable of moving the TV myself, but being ham-fisted I daren't, not on my own..

On the socket it's self is an off-on switch, so I came up with a cunning plan, I'd get my clothes prop out of the garage and use that..

Even doing that was a bit of messing about...

So I came up with an even better cunning plan.

For a few pounds I bought an extension lead with on-off switches on.

So now when it thinks it's being clever and naughty, I simply switch it off.

It thinks it's being Smart, but not as Smart as me.

Buy an extension lead Anna.

Lovely weather, so as my car has been a good boy I'm going to give it a wash and polish.......

Good thinking Padders.

My son is coming over today to relocate the plug via an extension lead.  

Smart tech eh? Needs a very stiff talking to!

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...