Ben Needham: Police 'Looking Into' Discovery Of Body Found In River Danube

Police investigating the disappearance of British toddler Ben Needham 32 years ago have confirmed they are "looking into" the discovery of a child's body in a river in Germany.

Ben, from Sheffield, was 21 months old when he went missing while playing at his grandparents’ farmhouse on the Greek island of Kos in July 1991.

Despite one of the biggest missing person investigations in the history of South Yorkshire Police and numerous leads, he has never been found.

Ben’s mother Kerry, 51, said she alerted the force to a possible new lead after international police organisation Interpol issued an appeal to identify a child’s body found in the River Danube.

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2023-09-07/ben-needham-police-look-into-boys-body-found-in-german-river?fbclid=IwAR2AhNz5vaqhSDZKmWbdWy8VmMX4QMJi4xn1Luy3pkUNYje4lWQnxenUIDM

Your thoughts?

Skeletal remains can be identifyable after spending time in a river, if I recall correctly, Lewis Haines was identified many years after his disappearance through advances in DNA. 

Kerry Needham and Ben's father will never give up looking until they find him. The sad thing is, three lives have been affected by his disappearance 32 years ago. That is a lot of years of suffering. 

I thought there was some conclusion involving a digger on a near by building site and an accident that was covered up by a man who has since died, but I could be wrong. It has been a long time since I looked in to this case.

1 hour ago, Colin Foster said:

My thoughts are that if she seriously thinks that a child's body would still be intact after being in water for 32 years then she's even more crackers than than I thought she was!

My Bold:    Not at all a nice way to speak of a heartbroken parent who's entire life was filled with pain for a stolen  child,

You should be ashamed.

1 hour ago, Colin Foster said:

My thoughts are that if she seriously thinks that a child's body would still be intact after being in water for 32 years then she's even more crackers than than I thought she was!

That's very insensitive and not called for in my opinion 

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yes, it's a disgusting comment. 

Hmmm, I don't often agree with old Captain Pugwash but on this I agree 100% with him.

35 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Skeletal remains can be identifyable after spending time in a river, if I recall correctly, Lewis Haines was identified many years after his disappearance through advances in DNA. 

Kerry Needham and Ben's father will never give up looking until they find him. The sad thing is, three lives have been affected by his disappearance 32 years ago. That is a lot of years of suffering. 

I thought there was some conclusion involving a digger on a near by building site and an accident that was covered up by a man who has since died, but I could be wrong. It has been a long time since I looked in to this case.

My bold

Yes, I thought that too. As far as I was aware that operation drew the whole thing to a close? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

The boy went missing in Greece and they find a child's body in a river in Germany 

How TF are they linking these?

Seems like a very cruel joke 

I had thought that too especially with the recent Madeline McCann circus. 

Could have given a sicko an idea.

In the   "Madeline McCann circus"   The main suspect was a German paedophile who lived nearby to where Madeline was taken at the time she was taken.

He is in prison in Germany and German Police believe he is responsible for a lot of children's disappearances.

The paedophile is very well travelled  and,  although I 've not heard any links with Ben Needham's  case,  this may be what they are considering.