Is There An Invasion Going On?

13 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Every 5 minutes or so, numerous different Helicopters are passing over Walkley. With their safety records not being that clever, I've never wanted even one to fly over my house. This morning (Sunday) there are far too many. Anyone know what's happening?

It’s been like an air show for the last hour 

23 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Every 5 minutes or so, numerous different Helicopters are passing over Walkley. With their safety records not being that clever, I've never wanted even one to fly over my house. This morning (Sunday) there are far too many. Anyone know what's happening?

How many helicopter crashes have there been in the UK in the last year?  I don't remember hearing about any. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S35_2o21 said:

How many helicopter crashes have there been in the UK in the last year?  I don't remember hearing about any. 

Its about 1.35 accidents per 100,000 flying hours. Even that stat might be out of date now.  Last one I heard about was the Leicester City one, before that the one that hit the pub in Glasgow. So two in ten years?

Maybe the OP should stop cars driving past his house too.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, S35_2o21 said:

I didn't say in Britain. Planes are much safer than Helicopters. Chelsea FC have lost 2 high ranking people and who knows who else in 2 separate Chopper crashes. Leicester City's owner. Grand Canyon 'pleasure' flights. Numerous, highly maintained military Helicopters. Police Helicopter (in Glasgow was it?) There's plenty of 'em year on year, but, because they're 'not all British', it doesn't matter? For the other correspondent ....... cars aren't going to crash through my roof and set fire to the whole terrace. Didn't a Chopper crash in to a field last month, or July, in Britain?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I didn't say in Britain. Planes are much safer than Helicopters. Chelsea FC have lost 2 high ranking people and who knows who else in 2 separate Chopper crashes. Leicester City's owner. Grand Canyon 'pleasure' flights. Numerous, highly maintained military Helicopters. Police Helicopter (in Glasgow was it?) There's plenty of 'em year on year, but, because they're 'not all British', it doesn't matter? For the other correspondent ....... cars aren't going to crash through my roof and set fire to the whole terrace. Didn't a Chopper crash in to a field last month, or July, in Britain?

Maybe you should look at banning commercial airlines overflying the airspace above your house too.

Just in case, like. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

The person who said Choppers should be banned needs their head looking at. I can't find that post anywhere. It must have been deleted. We're almost on the Man Air flightpath, so banning Commercial Airlines would be stupid. I can't imagine anyone thinking such a thing would be a good idea. I'm fairly confident that whenever possible and feasible, planes fly over water, avoiding towns and such. Noise and safety both playing a part. Many planes landing at Manchester from the south will approach over water, up the west coast or the east coast. Very sensible.

7 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

The person who said Choppers should be banned needs their head looking at. I can't find that post anywhere. It must have been deleted. We're almost on the Man Air flightpath, so banning Commercial Airlines would be stupid. I can't imagine anyone thinking such a thing would be a good idea. I'm fairly confident that whenever possible and feasible, planes fly over water, avoiding towns and such. Noise and safety both playing a part. Many planes landing at Manchester from the south will approach over water, up the west coast or the east coast. Very sensible.

No they don't.  Neither do they avoid overflying towns.

Edited by Bargepole23