Rt Hon Suella Braverman Calls For Bulldog Ban After Shocking Attack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12501641/Terrifying-moment-XL-Bully-dog-mauls-11-year-old-girl-street-crazed-animal-chases-attacks-two-men-tried-wrestle-youngster-free-jaws.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

The Right Honourable Suella Braverman, Crime Comissioner and Member Of Parliment, has called for a ban on bulldog type dogs after an 'XL Bully' emerged on video attacking a young girl and two men in Bordesley, Birmingham. The terrifying footage shows the vicious dog brutally attacking, as heroes try and rescue victims from the jaws of the dangerous hound. 

A breeder describes how this breed of dog can rip open major veins "in seconds" and says he avoids breeding and dealing in this type of dog. Since 2021, dog fighting and dog attacks have been on the increase in Britain. In 2022, Joanne Robinson was killed by her own 'American Bully XL' dog, at her home in West Melton, Rotherham. Not long before that, an elderly lady was tragically killed by an aggressive bull dog in the West Midlands, as she sat in her own back garden, the dangerous dog invaded and attacked her.

More needs to be done to ban these bulldog types of dog. They are a danger to our society, particularly the elderly, children and disabled people. The fact that some people think these wretched creatures would make a good pet is absurd. They are often used as 'status dogs' to inimidate other people. The Honourable Ms Braverman calls for breeding and selling of them to be outlawed, but I call for an outright ban on possessing them too. Time and time again, we hear of bull dog breed attacks on the innocent public with tragic consequences. This needs to stop. It needs to stop immediately and effectively.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Most issues with dogs stem from the owners,

Which is a large part of the problem.  The breed is known for having a characteristic level of aggression.  Properly trained it's something that can be managed.

but they're not being trained at all, and many are neglected.  This produces some very dangerous dogs.

Breeding isn't standardised either, alot of it is done by the same neglectful owners.  Inbreeding is common, further exacerbating underlying issues.

It's all the same issues, from all the same people that lead to the original dangerous dogs act.

14 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Most issues with dogs stem from the owners, I encounter many big dogs that are as soft as they come, conversely the most aggressive dogs I encounter are the little rat-sized ones.

You must have some bloody big rats in your neck of the woods. I’ve kept dogs for most of my life, I never hit dogs and only raise my voice at them if all else fails, I  have Spaniel size dogs, I don’t have any big man/big dog hang ups, I’ve never had a nasty dog.

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

You must have some bloody big rats in your neck of the woods. I’ve kept dogs for most of my life, I never hit dogs and only raise my voice at them if all else fails, I  have Spaniel size dogs, I don’t have any big man/big dog hang ups, I’ve never had a nasty dog.

Ha, a little bigger than a rat then! Chihuahuas, Yorkies, all nastier in my experience than the Rotweilers and staffies I encounter.

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

I believe that  ALL  issues stem from the owners.

Aren't these type of dogs usually owned/ kept by certain individuals as a status symbol. 

It's an aggressive looking animal and kept as a defensive dog.