Rt Hon Suella Braverman Calls For Bulldog Ban After Shocking Attack

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Most issues with dogs stem from the owners, I encounter many big dogs that are as soft as they come, conversely the most aggressive dogs I encounter are the little rat-sized ones.

I agree, the little rat size ones are incredibly aggressive, especially with other dogs, however they are highly unlikely to drag you down and savage you to the point of needing a hospital or a hearse.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Most issues with dogs stem from the owners, I encounter many big dogs that are as soft as they come, conversely the most aggressive dogs I encounter are the little rat-sized ones.

Rats and hamsters can give you a nasty bite on your finger, but this is about banning a large dangerous animal, or like some wild animals, you may need a licence.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

It's true that the chances of an American bully XL being acquired by a responsible person who's done their research is very small. But we know that those people are motivated to get dogs like this, so the question seems to be do we let them or not? I say not. 

So ban them, like we ban cannabis and electric scooters?

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Ofcourse, we shouldn't let them. The usual people will rush to say "it's not the breed, it's the owner, my bull dog is soft as a brush, blah blah blah"

My border collie is very friendly 99% of the time, but I know of others that are no push over. I know of border collies that have bitten people, but they are owned by good people and not drug dealers.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

So ban them, like we ban cannabis and electric scooters?

A proper system involving licences for breeders and/or owners would be extremely expensive, and you have to ask do you really think this Government is sufficiently competent to pull that off??

An outright ban might seem draconian, but at least you can be pretty sure they'll actually get it done.  Plus, this breed is already banned in quite a few countries, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

My border collie is very friendly 99% of the time, but I know of others that are no push over. I know of border collies that have bitten people, but they are owned by good people and not drug dealers.

But has your border collie ever mauled someone to the extent that they are in hospital or even a mortuary slab?