'Smart' Meters

1 hour ago, me-and-pippo said:

What you have in your kitchen is a in-home display, your smart meters are in your garage.

I thought you would have known that? 🙂

You are wrong there. My electricity smart meter is in my kitchen, it's in the original meter cupboard from when the house was built. 

I thought you would have known things like that. 

35 minutes ago, Meltman said:

You are wrong there. My electricity smart meter is in my kitchen, it's in the original meter cupboard from when the house was built. 

I thought you would have known things like that. 

In the case of the quoted post though, Pippo is correct, given he says the meters are in the garage. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

In the case of the quoted post though, Pippo is correct, given he says the meters are in the garage. 

Not in my case, he isn't correct...so must be wrong!

• Confused 1

Just now, Meltman said:

Not in my case, he isn't correct...so must be wrong!

I get what you are saying now I've read it again...wish I could have edited my post. Apologies 

• Like 1

My smart meter is very smart because it’s sat on a storeroom shelf somewhere and, despite being incessantly pestered by my supplier to have it installed, it seems quite content where it is.

I’m still capable of reading a meter every month at their request and inputting the numbers into the supplier’s website. That way I know exactly what I’m using and what I need to pay as well.

The system still works very well. If it’s not broken why change it!

echo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, echo beach said:

My smart meter is very smart because it’s sat on a storeroom shelf somewhere

echo.

Again, thats not the smart meter. Thats the In House Display (IHD)

The smart meter will be, erm, your electricity meter.

3 hours ago, echo beach said:

My smart meter is very smart because it’s sat on a storeroom shelf somewhere and, despite being incessantly pestered by my supplier to have it installed, it seems quite content where it is.

I’m still capable of reading a meter every month at their request and inputting the numbers into the supplier’s website. That way I know exactly what I’m using and what I need to pay as well.

The system still works very well. If it’s not broken why change it!

echo.

I’m quite certain that energy companies haven’t spent £££££££s on pushing smart meters on to customers just to help these customers not have to send meter readings and have a little gizmo in their house so they can see turning on a kettle uses lots of electricity etc.  That’s not going down the conspiracy theory route.  It’s simply in their financial interest.  Vulnerable customers that have got into problems paying their bill can have their energy turned off at the flick of a switch.

55 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I’m quite certain that energy companies haven’t spent £££££££s on pushing smart meters on to customers just to help these customers not have to send meter readings and have a little gizmo in their house so they can see turning on a kettle uses lots of electricity etc.  That’s not going down the conspiracy theory route.  It’s simply in their financial interest.  Vulnerable customers that have got into problems paying their bill can have their energy turned off at the flick of a switch.

I must have had over a hundred phone calls, texts and emails from EDF Energy in the last 6 months alone pushing a smart meter, as you say it certainly isn't for my benefit.

• Thanks 1