'Smart' Meters

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Hope you have had time to digest the actual numbers as posted rather than relying on inaccurate CAB websites 😉

What is the point of doing that when?  ⬇️

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Just pointing out the lie that the   "the Smart Meter saves you money"          Using less energy,  with or without a Smart meter,  saves you money.

Edited by redruby

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Apology accepted. 

Prepayment being cheaper than direct debit has nothing to do with smart meters btw 😉

Ah, so that’s why there are hoards of people eager to move to a prepayment meter to save money 🤔

I imagine that the many vulnerable, low income people on prepayment might have difficulty for various reasons, no fault of their own, finding the cheapest possible option. 

Shall I try contacting Martin Lewis to see if he recommends those needing advice on prepayment meters should go to CAB or whether he thinks they are hopeless and inaccurate and I should instead point them towards someone who claims to know everything there is to know on this subject on a local forum?

Edited by redruby
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, redruby said:

Ah, so that’s why there are hoards of people eager to move to a prepayment meter to save money 🤔

I imagine that the many vulnerable, low income people on prepayment might have difficulty for various reasons, no fault of their own, finding the cheapest possible option. 

Shall I try contacting Martin Lewis to see if he recommends those needing advice on prepayment meters should go to CAB or whether he thinks they are hopeless and inaccurate and I should instead point them towards someone who claims to know everything there is to know on this subject on a local forum?

I mean, I proved Prepayment meters were not more expensive using a Government document, in actual fact for those in electric only houses they are actually a much cheaper option, not too sure what you are pontificating about now. 

Apology still accepted, though. Maybe treat it as a lesson in unit rates and payment methods. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I mean, I proved Prepayment meters were not more expensive using a Government document, in actual fact for those in electric only houses they are actually a much cheaper option, not too sure what you are pontificating about now. 

Apology still accepted, though. Maybe treat it as a lesson in unit rates and payment methods. 

I don’t have any need of a lesson and didn’t ask for one.   If you’re so concerned about these matters though perhaps you should offer your services as an advisor for those in need? So they don’t waste their time with incompetents like CAB. Clearly, you consider yourself to be an authority on a great on many things, such as pensions too, having had a quick peek at that thread.

14 minutes ago, redruby said:

I don’t have any need of a lesson and didn’t ask for one.   If you’re so concerned about these matters though perhaps you should offer your services as an advisor for those in need? So they don’t waste their time with incompetents like CAB. Clearly, you consider yourself to be an authority on a great on many things, such as pensions too, having had a quick peek at that thread.

Would you like a hug? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Would you like a hug? 

You know when someone finally has admitted they are a silly old fool  when they start on this type of reply.  
Little things please little minds don’t they.

Edited by redruby