I'm Angela And I Grew Up On A Council Estate

A well known MP on TV ,  this morning .

Well Angela I was also brought up on A council estate still living on one  as are  millions of people in the the UK . 

But when I meet people I ( as well as most others like me)  I do not go around saying ,"hello i am  Peter Paul or Mary and I was brought up on a council estate . 

These (very rare now ) MP's should pack this type of flag waving in and concentrate on the job in hand which is to represent their voters without having to justify their Labour heritage by jingoistic comments .

As well they should  hopefully practice what they preach and live among or near on to the people they so enthusiastically claim to represent .

Edited by cuttsie
  • Like 1

I suppose Angela's backstory is interesting because it's atypical from the majority of MPs who tend to go from University to SPAD to HoC. 

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Why doesn't Theresa May say "I grew up in an idyllic cottage in the Oxfordshire countryside"? Is it only one social class that can be proud of their beginnings these days?

She did.

I think as soon as she became leader she did an interview where she spoke of her background.

Similarly when David Cameron became leader, he also spoke of his background.

We all heard a great deal from Margaret Thatcher about her upbringing from her strict father and living above a shop.

Not sure why Angela Rayner is being singled out....Probably something to do with growing up on a council estate.

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

She lived on a council estate and was a one parent.

Bravo Angela, bravo.

Amazing skills.

Explains a lot.

😉😉

i'm still in the puddle but my cardboard box blew away in the last storm i had to take cover under a shrivelled up leaf

5 hours ago, cuttsie said:

A well known MP on TV ,  this morning .

Well Angela I was also brought up on A council estate still living on one  as are  millions of people in the the UK . 

But when I meet people I ( as well as most others like me)  I do not go around saying ,"hello i am  Peter Paul or Mary and I was brought up on a council estate . 

These (very rare now ) MP's should pack this type of flag waving in and concentrate on the job in hand which is to represent their voters without having to justify their Labour heritage by jingoistic comments .

As well they should  hopefully practice what they preach and live among or near on to the people they so enthusiastically claim to represent .

They all do it, from all parties & have done for years but we really only need to hear their background story once.   With some of them, it's like their auditioning their back-stories for an episode of the X Factor to try & get the sympathy vote. 

It is funny, none of these really bad starts in life seem to make the blind bit of difference to them when they get a sniff of power.