That's Two England Games In A Row

Alextopman

On 13/09/2023 at 19:17, m williamson said:

Yes he was, at that stage in their development he looked the better prospect. Naughton is over a year older than Walker which made a difference back then. He's still a decent player and earns a good living. He's been eight years with Swansea and has just signed a new one year deal taking him to 35 years of age. Walker developed into a beast.

United, exhibiting our usual brilliance, cunning and flair when it comes to transfer dealing threw Walker in as a makeweight, a sort of two for the price of one deal 🙄 

I too preferred Naughton back then. I remember him being the better player.

Not any more.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/09/2023 at 15:15, m williamson said:

Walker is undoubtedly a terrific player for Tottenham Hotspur, showcasing exceptional speed and athleticism that adds a dynamic edge to the team's right back position. However, when evaluating the best right backs in the club's history, it's essential to consider various aspects of their game. The late Len Badger, in my opinion, stands out as the best, primarily due to his exceptional technical abilities. Badger was renowned for his precise passing, composure under pressure, and overall footballing intelligence. It's a matter of personal preference whether one values technical prowess over raw athleticism. In the world of football, opinions may differ widely, much like the varying odds you can find on different aspects of the sport when exploring the offerings of the best online bookies https://online-bookmakers.com/ . In the end, both Walker and Badger have made their unique contributions to the club's legacy, each leaving their mark in their own distinctive way.

you mention that Walker is a terrific player, known for his speed and athleticism, while Len Badger was considered technically better and a great football player. It's clear that you appreciate the different strengths that each of these players brought to the team.

Edited by maraiat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maraiat said:

you mention that Walker is a terrific player, known for his speed and athleticism, while Len Badger was considered technically better and a great football player. It's clear that you appreciate the different strengths that each of these players brought to the team.

Welcome to the forum maraiat. 

Yes, I appreciate the variety of skills and differences in approach of different players and also teams different playing styles.

I think most supporters do, although occasionally you get someone moaning that a particular player doesn't do something they feel he should do without appreciating what he does do, and without knowing what his instructions from the manager are.