Protests In Peckham Over Alleged Pilfering Incident

Protests were held today after a 31 year old woman appeared to be choked by a shopkeeper, who accused her of theft when she allegedly took items from his store after he refused her a refund. Footage shows the shopkeeper's hands over the woman's neck and she tries to strike him with a shopping basket.

My thoughts are both people were in the wrong. Firstly, the shopkeeper should have agreed to refund if there was a fault with the product. The woman should have taken out a consumer law case against him, instead of taking goods. She should not have slapped him and tried to hit him with a basket. However, he should NOT have put his hands around her neck. That is inexcusable behaviour. 

If someone was trying to steal something of mine I wouldn't care where my hands go.

Looks like he put his hands on her neck for a couple of seconds then restrained her.

Good on him.

Didn't take long for the yoofs to start protesting outside the poor owners shop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I agree but to put your hand around someone's neck is a liberty too far for me. 

I consider that any unwanted touch is a liberty,  but if people misbehave,  then they have to live with the consequences.  Serves her right and I usually defend women.