Is Cash Making A Comeback?

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Completely a YOU problem.

As I have pointed out of many times before, you are supposed to be running a business, you portray you run a business -  so having your bank account statement "spammed up with transactions" should be part of the course.  You will have to audit your accounts and check your supplier invoices and check your purchase ledgers, do your stock counting and maintain your supplies every day. So what exactly is the big problem?

How do you keep account for your little crash transactions? Do you just do it by memory?

Like has been demonstrated by others, my banking app shows me every single transaction within seconds of me doing it.   Christ, I have done 10p transactions on my card for things like when I forgot a carrier bag and even used my card to access chargeable public toilets.  

It really isn't a big deal.

You have the wrong end of the stick.

Everyone should go through their bank statements, more than once I have found discrepancies.

I print mine out and check off every transaction, I find it's the most sure fire way of doing it.

If I have dozens of poxy £1 transactions that obviously makes it more problematic to do that.

But, at the end of the day I find it easier making small purchases by cash, who are you to tell me I am wrong.....

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Hollywood should be knocking on your door anyday now

Who's gonna play you in the movie? 😜

Sean Bean seen as hes a sheff lad and likes to swear

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Everyone should go through their bank statements, more than once I have found discrepancies.

surprising....not

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I print mine out and check off every transaction, I find it's the most sure fire way of doing it.

If I have dozens of poxy £1 transactions that obviously makes it more problematic to do that.

But, at the end of the day I find it easier making small purchases by cash, who are you to tell me I am wrong.....

I agree they should be..... and we've got technology by a couple of taps on our phones to check statements and transactions almost on a real time basis multiple times a week. 

Majority of normal people don't need to be wading through and printing out reems of paper to be cross referencing with a written checklist. That again sounds very much a YOU problem.  Most people seem perfectly capable of keeping a quick eye on their personal accounts periodically and easily recognising something that's unauthorised.

I think its you who is missing the point.  If you prefer to use cash and you find it easier than electric transactions for low value items (even though it makes sod all difference whether its £1 or £100) that is entirely your business. But grow a pair and just admit that. 

Let's not make stupid nonsensical pathetic excuses that somehow card payments are some massive administrative burden that messes up your bank statements which you have to spend significant additional time 'wading through'.  Complete bull. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

In fact I am just doing my books for August now. Checking through my bank statements I realised there were two invoices missing.....

12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I agree they should be..... and we've got technology by a couple of taps on our phones to check statements and transactions almost on a real time basis multiple times a week. 

Majority of normal people don't need to be wading through and printing out reems of paper to be cross referencing with a written checklist. That again sounds very much a YOU problem.  Most people seem perfectly capable of keeping a quick eye on their personal accounts periodically and easily recognising something that's unauthorised.

I think its you who is missing the point.  If you prefer to use cash and you find it easier than electric transactions for low value items (even though it makes sod all difference whether its £1 or £100) that is entirely your business. But grow a pair and just admit that. 

Let's not make stupid nonsensical pathetic excuses that somehow card payments are some massive administrative burden that messes up your bank statements which you have to spend significant additional time 'wading through'.  Complete bull. 

"Complete bull"

Really ?

See above.

• 4 weeks later...

Cash is old hat is it ?

I was "****ing me sen" when I heard this.

My wife was in Tesco tonight and it came over the PA that the card payment system was down and only cash was being accepted at the tills.

Instantly there was a MASSIVE queue at the cash machines outside.

Those effin' hackers can't hack your cash can they......

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Cash is old hat is it ?

I was "****ing me sen" when I heard this.

My wife was in Tesco tonight and it came over the PA that the card payment system was down and only cash was being accepted at the tills.

Instantly there was a MASSIVE queue at the cash machines outside.

Those effin' hackers can't hack your cash can they......

Who said they'd been hacked?