Is Cash Making A Comeback?

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Only because it disproves your point. 

Only to you and that's not important to me.

The thread is ABOUT CASH and I made an observation about MY BANKING which is no business of yours.

I don't care what you do or what you think but I stand by MY WORDS not yours.

You supposed to be    w o r k i n g    from home again ?  your boss should sack you.

Edited by Organgrinder

On 14/09/2023 at 10:31, HeHasRisen said:

Because poor people cant trust themselves to take their card out with them because they have no self control.

It’s not as simple as that as I’m sure you probably know.  The old ‘feckless poor’ narrative.

Do all rich people have an iron will and only buy what they absolutely need?  ‘No but they earned it, they deserve to buy nice things!’ you say.  But did they all ‘earn it’? Some of them certainly haven’t.  Just as some poor people are poor through no fault of their own, some rich people are rich not through their own making but purely by good fortune.

On 11/10/2023 at 13:36, Chekhov said:

I thought that online fraud was at epidemic proportions ?

If so, are you correct in your supposition ?

Online fraud? If you mean, someone scamming you out of money, well the electronic vs cash debate is pretty irrelevant, no? You can be scammed out of cash on Fargate if someone gives you a good enough sob-story.

Also, depending on exactly what kind of fraud you're talking about it, it varies. It takes quite a lot of effort to actually hack your way in to a bank account and syphon money out of it. 

Perhaps I'm a bad person to ask. I've never fallen victim to online fraud and I was only ever mugged once - they got £10!

On 11/10/2023 at 13:36, Chekhov said:

I thought that online fraud was at epidemic proportions ?

If so, are you correct in your supposition ?

The majority of online fraud/scams rely on one element, something that is seemingly in abundance and that element is stupid people. 

Social media is awash with scams that thousands fall for on a daily basis, from simple Like/share scams (usually fake pages pretending to be large businesses) to product scams where they show you a real, expensive product and then either ship you a cheap inferior clone or don't ship at all. The main one at the moment with Christmas coming up is the Infinity Gaming table. The genuine product is close to £1000 RRP but these scammers are paying for sponsored ads claiming you can have one for £30 inc delivery. 

Personally I think you should have to have a licence to access the internet, the test for one being an IQ test. 

The Access for all movement was a good premise back in the day to allow for collaboration and sharing of idea however in reality it just allowed morons to access a global platform. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Resident said:

The majority of online fraud/scams rely on one element, something that is seemingly in abundance and that element is stupid people. 

Social media is awash with scams that thousands fall for on a daily basis, from simple Like/share scams (usually fake pages pretending to be large businesses) to product scams where they show you a real, expensive product and then either ship you a cheap inferior clone or don't ship at all. The main one at the moment with Christmas coming up is the Infinity Gaming table. The genuine product is close to £1000 RRP but these scammers are paying for sponsored ads claiming you can have one for £30 inc delivery. 

Personally I think you should have to have a licence to access the internet, the test for one being an IQ test. 

The Access for all movement was a good premise back in the day to allow for collaboration and sharing of idea however in reality it just allowed morons to access a global platform. 

Is this where you promptly vanish in a puff of logic?

1 hour ago, Resident said:

If we were going to grant internet access according to our intelligence levels,  I would expect that you will be one of the first to be barred from it.

We are unfortunately,  not all born equal,  and only a   really selfish moron   could decide that the advantaged could be allowed whatever they like and the disadvantaged be left with nothing.

I don't expect you to be heading the    "equality for all"    movement any time soon.      Makes me wonder what kind of institution you are a resident of ?