Is Cash Making A Comeback?

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Great news. That will teach those who had to walk back out to call at a cash point and get some money first. 

Ah but here's the thing.  While we were in Costa, there can't have been more than 6 or 7 people who had the money on them to pay.  Those who walked out, didn't appear to come back.  More likely they just took their debit / credit cards & mobiles to another coffee place where they could use them rather go find an ATM.  

30 - 40 customers, some with children who probably also wanted something to eat; average spend say £5 per person, that's £150 - £200 lost in the space of half an hour or so. 

It appears now you only need cash for emergencies. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I most certainly question yours.

I'm mature enough not to need to brag.

My reading comprehension's quite good too and  I'm neither annoyed or offended at all.   I just don't like braggarts.

Quoting Hamlet doesn't make you sound any cleverer either   just an idle way of trying to impress.

You never said which institution but I hear most villages have a resident one too.

Whatever you need to keep telling yourself champ. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Ah but here's the thing.  While we were in Costa, there can't have been more than 6 or 7 people who had the money on them to pay.  Those who walked out, didn't appear to come back.  More likely they just took their debit / credit cards & mobiles to another coffee place where they could use them rather go find an ATM.  

30 - 40 customers, some with children who probably also wanted something to eat; average spend say £5 per person, that's £150 - £200 lost in the space of half an hour or so. 

It appears now you only need cash for emergencies. 

I was walking around Doncaster market yesterday and almost every stall was cash only. Tesco always has a queue at the till to pay with cash. Those people you saw may have had to go without. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I'm proud to say that I don't need an alternative account.  I'm quite happy to speak my mind on here as I do in life although I know that some would sooner be mealy mouthed.

That's why I asked you which institution you were currently resident at ?

Absolutely,  I've never hid behind alternative accounts either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't think there is anyone he doesn't argue and be rude to.

He called me a terrorist the other day, that was the final straw for me with him.

I refuse to interact with him anymore.

I would never report anyone however, just rather the whole forum see rude posters for who they are.  I believe he is not well so that might explain his persona?

Why do you carry on reading my posts if you find them so nasty ?

There is an ignore facility on the forum.

Both of you have made posts equally as nasty as mine and far more inhumane.

Either read them or don't   -   doesn't matter either way to me.

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I don't think there is anyone he doesn't argue and be rude to.

He called me a terrorist the other day, that was the final straw for me with him.

I refuse to interact with him anymore.

I would never report anyone however, just rather the whole forum see rude posters for who they are.  I believe he is not well so that might explain his persona?

My bold

I saw that. Absolutely disgusting and should have got a forum holiday for that.

• Like 1