Another Great Cafe Gone

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2023 at 13:34, Bargepole23 said:

Some new signage up on the old Vittles cafe, "Oli's".

Well Oli's lasted a matter of months. We're now back to plastic on the windows and a new sign telling us a Sushi bar is coming soon. I'm still missing Mick's breakfasts 😢

1 hour ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Well Oli's lasted a matter of months. We're now back to plastic on the windows and a new sign telling us a Sushi bar is coming soon. I'm still missing Mick's breakfasts 😢

I don't believe it.

17 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

Not slept since mikado at firth Park shut down proper drink shop rip Lilly.

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Not slept since mikado at firth Park shut down proper drink shop rip Lilly.

I remember regularly going in here with my mom and sister when I was young  ( in the early 1960s )  especially in winter when we would have mugs of Horlicks or hot Vimto.

3 hours ago, francypants said:

I remember regularly going in here with my mom and sister when I was young  ( in the early 1960s )  especially in winter when we would have mugs of Horlicks or hot Vimto.

Yeah was known as the vimto shop 👍

11 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Raw Sushi, yuck. There is actually  a large demand for Vegan food in the Broomhill & Sharrow area, so I can't see raw fish being popular. 

Broomhill is home to a wide variety of restaurants and cafes catering for a wide range of diets. I can think of a host of places selling meat-based menus so I'm not sure the 'large demand for vegan food' is pushing out meat-based options just yet.

There is one other sushi place on the high street I think? I dare say the local area can accommodate another without much trouble.