Spurs V Dem Blades.

Alextopman

Great performance, and such a shame to be walking away with no points.

Some positives to take already this season. Particularly that we have gone up against the likes of Man City & Spurs, not been embarrassed by them in the slightest, and looked like we can compete.

Really not liking this new added time rule though!

2 hours ago, echo beach said:

Sounds like a promising performance but don't forget United they've done away with the 3 minutes added time and now play until the favoured clubs equalise or in our case win!

echo.

Newcastle/Brentford currently playing 9 mins injury time, are the league desperate for Brentford to win then? 

Behave yourself. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Newcastle/Brentford currently playing 9 mins injury time, are the league desperate for Brentford to win then? 

Behave yourself. 

The injury time rules are bonkers though.

Even if they did work perfectly at Spurs today😁

Edited by Prettytom

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

The injury time rules are bonkers though.

Even if they did work perfectly at Spurs today😁

If anything the clock should be stopped everytime the ball goes dead, maybe cut the time down to 35 mins in play each half. 

Easy to do in the top leagues with stadiums screens and an official in the stands. 

But that's far too sensible.

Edited by HeHasRisen

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If anything the clock should be stopped everytime the ball goes dead, maybe cut the time down to 35 mins in play each half. 

Easy to do in the top leagues with stadiums screens and an official in the stands. 

But that's far too sensible.

Well I agree that the clock should be stopped but then you'd get a full 45 mins play each half. 

I'd also have it as in rugby, that if a player goes down injured, (usually feigning it to break up / slow down play), the trainers come on while play continues but the player still has to go off for a full minutes play when they get up. 

It's funny that 30 plus years ago when trainer used to come on to treat a player, all they had was a sponge & a cold bucket of water.  Players were soon back up on their feet, especially on a cold January / February night. 

Edited by Baron99

Just now, Baron99 said:

Well I agree that the clock should be stopped but then you'd get a full 45 mins play each half. 

I'd also have it as in rugby, that if a player goes down injured, (usually feigning it to break up / slow down play), the trainers come on while play continues but the player still has to go off for a full minutes play when they get up. 

It's funny that 30 plus years ago when trainer used to come on to treat a player, all they had was a sponge & a cold bucket of water.  Players were soon back up on their feet, especially on a cold January / February night. 

Think I read somewhere that in a normal game of football the ball is only in play for roughly 60 or so minutes, so you would have to cut it down to 30 or 35 mins each half if you were stopping the clock otherwise you are increasing the length of the overall game far too much.