Spurs V Dem Blades.

Alextopman

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Bet that defeat stings a bit this morning.

Fair play to the blades though, I thought it would be an easy win for Spurs.

Did it bring  back a memory of Man U v Wednesday 30 years ago when you were winning 1-0 after 90 minutes and then Steve Bruce scored twice in ' injury time ' ?

Fergie time it was known as, now it's Big Club time. 

2 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Did it bring  back a memory of Man U v Wednesday 30 years ago when you were winning 1-0 after 90 minutes and then Steve Bruce scored twice in ' injury time ' ?

Gerrin daft now this added on time..

Footballer's used to get on with the game in the 60's.

Same wi VAR.

17 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I was there that day so I know only full well the pain blades are going through.

It will pass after a few months.

👍

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I was there that day so I know only full well the pain blades are going through.

It will pass after a few months.

👍

I was sat in my sister in laws in Paignton watching the results come through on the telly. Wednesday were winning 1 nil and all the other results were in. I thought well done to them, then the result finally came through, for some reason I wasn't completely shocked by it 🙄

I genuinely don't care much either way about Wednesdays results apart from two particular clubs. When it comes to Man U or Leeds the Sheffielder in me takes over.

Years ago when I had my own business I went over to our Hull branch on the Monday after Leeds had beaten you six nil. One of the service lads was in the office and knowing I was a Blade he gave me a big grin and a thumbs up on the result, he was surprised when I shook my head and didn't respond in kind.

I explained to him that when it came to those particular clubs I took a different view.  I was pleased you got a point the other day. Another one of our branches was in Leeds, they tend to think a lot of themselves.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I was sat in my sister in laws in Paignton watching the results come through on the telly. Wednesday were winning 1 nil and all the other results were in. I thought well done to them, then the result finally came through, for some reason I wasn't completely shocked by it 🙄

I genuinely don't care much either way about Wednesdays results apart from two particular clubs. When it comes to Man U or Leeds the Sheffielder in me takes over.

Years ago when I had my own business I went over to our Hull branch on the Monday after Leeds had beaten you six nil. One of the service lads was in the office and knowing I was a Blade he gave me a big grin and a thumbs up on the result, he was surprised when I shook my head and didn't respond in kind.

I explained to him that when it came to those particular clubs I took a different view.  I was pleased you got a point the other day. Another one of our branches was in Leeds, they tend to think a lot of themselves.

Think they beat us 1-6 at Hillsborough.

I am probably one of those rare owls that don't mind seeing the blades do ok.

Edited by Al Bundy

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I inherited that attitude from my dad, he was a Blade - as was my grandad - but he wanted both city clubs to do well and would occasionally go to a match at Hillsborough.

I suppose having survived a war sport wasn't quite the life or death thing some people appear to think it is today. There's definitely a lot more animosity in the game than there used to be.

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

No you are not , its only a couple of posters on here that bring out the rivalry in me . 

I watched both teams yesterday and the blades match was by far the best , although the millionaires on the pitch probably helped .