American Xl Bully Dog Ban

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

A better approach would be to make it law & they could bring this in almost immediately, that ALL dog owners have their dogs muzzled when out in a public place or risk a fine, confiscation of the dog. 

I'd say responsible dog owners wouldn't have any issues with this approach? 

Yes they would, I know I would, it's idiotic.

Tar every breed due to this issues associated with one...got to muzzle those dangerous Pomeranians and Pugs :loopy:

7 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Yes they would, I know I would, it's idiotic.

Tar every breed due to this issues associated with one...got to muzzle those dangerous Pomeranians and Pugs :loopy:

Exactly, it's like saying everyone should walk around in handcuffs because some out there are criminals 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well yes but I, and probably millions of others, had likely heard absolutely nothing about this breed before that video the other week of the one attacking the man in the petrol station.

They must have been vicious before this month, surely? 

If your thinking of visiting the Appalachian Mountains any time soon HHR.

Watch out for the American Black Bear, these can be very dangerous.

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

They have to define what one is or the usual ‘ban everything’ brigade will want to ban every big dog that barks

I am NOT the ban everything brigade. The nanny state is ruining the freedom and democracy of this country. That said, I would ban any dog breed with bull in the name. 

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

usual knee jerk reaction ******** without addressing the underlying cause, bad owners and bad dog breeders making money out of animal misery

Nope, the problem is that these dogs are capable of taking down big burly men, let alone a 6 year old little girl. They have more muscle strength in their neck than humans and they go straight for the jugular vein. Any dog can bite, only certain breeds prove to be lethal, and they always have bull in the name. I don't care if the authorities take your bull dog away, find a pet that's not a danger to everyone else. If I wanted to keep a tiger, I wouldn't be allowed, so why should you have one of those grotesque bull dogs?

• Like 1