American Xl Bully Dog Ban

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/mum-two-mauled-death-pack-12543080

There was also a dog walker in this country, suddenly attacked last January by the pack she was walking, including being attacked by a couple of Dachshunds. 

Mum-of-two mauled to death by pack of vicious DACHSHUNDS that had legs shorter than an adult human's hand 

Crazy ⬆️

On 23/09/2023 at 14:54, nikki-red said:

The irresponsible owners won’t fall in line because there’ll be no one to enforce it.

Who do you suggest @Baron99?

The Police, Dog Warden, RSPCA?

All massively overstretched already. How many threads do we see already saying the above are rubbish? 
In an ideal world the Police would have enough time to be strolling round Concord Park looking for unmuzzled dogs, but it’s not real life.

My bold. 

Yes & me & you & any other law abiding citizen.  Bring in a law requiring all dogs to be muzzled & 99% would comply. 

I remember the moans & groans decades ago about compulsory seat belt wearimg but how many people do you see in a car not wearing seat belts these days?  Who's policing that law when as you say police resources are overstretched?  Nobody the majority of the time.  It's just not acceptable any more not to comply. 

Irresponsible dog owners will fall into line because they'll stand out like sore thumbs.  

On 23/09/2023 at 14:55, HeHasRisen said:

And any member of the public getting involved will have abuse hurled at them. 

Well hurl the abuse back.  I usually find that those who hurl the abuse in the first place already know they're in the wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

A relative of mine works for Major Incidents at Northumbria police. Was planning to meet my relatives this weekend but after talking to her last night she said she might have to work this weekend because they were expecting someone in Sunderland  to be charged with murder involving a dog. 
There is plenty of overtime working for the department my relative works for because of all the murders. 

Edited by hauxwell