American Xl Bully Dog Ban

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

A relative of mine works for Major Incidents at Northumbria police. Was planning to meet my relatives this weekend but after talking to her last night she said she might have to work this weekend because they were expecting someone in Sunderland  to be charged with murder involving a dog. 
There is plenty of overtime working for the department my relative works for because of all the murders. 

It's not a murder though surely. 

Manslaughter at best. There was no intention for anyone to go out and kill someone with their dog. 

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Manslaughter at best. There was no intention for anyone to go out and kill someone with their dog. 

How do you know that there was no intention? I don't believe that level of detail is in the public domain.

There is precedent..... https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/mar/19/dog-killer-chrisdian-johnson-sentence

1 minute ago, Bargepole23 said:

How do you know that there was no intention? I don't believe that level of detail is in the public domain.

There is precedent..... https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/mar/19/dog-killer-chrisdian-johnson-sentence

I was just thinking out loud I suppose and as an outsider. If they can prove the owner had intent to go out and kill the deceased that day, fair enough. 

I mean, the person in that link also stabbed the deceased six times.... 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

At first I thought  the same. Does it depend if the person told the dog to attack the victim? We will just have to wait and see what evidence the police have.

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

I would guess so. I wager in most cases this doesnt happen and its just a case that these dogs are, well, a bit mental.

We know now that these dogs are more than capable of killing someone therefore I think if it is proven that the dog was told to attack the victim then I would say it is a murder charge.  This is just my opinion tho.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

We know now that these dogs are more than capable of killing someone therefore I think if it is proven that the dog was told to attack the victim then I would say it is a murder charge.  This is just my opinion tho.

I dont disagree. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12885133/Shocking-moment-pitbull-type-dog-mauls-golden-retriever-owners-desperately-try-stop-4st-animal-attacking.html

I used to have a Golden retriever. I can only imagine the upset this poor owner went through when trying to protect his dog from yet another vicious attack by one of these Pit bull type dogs.