American Xl Bully Dog Ban

51 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

:rolleyes:

I've got a pit bull terrier omg yes well trained would lick you to death for a treat ..it's the owners not the dogs ...oh she's 11 years old before anyone starts whinging 

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just seen a report on BBC News that there are a guesstimate of around 100,000 XL Bully dogs in the UK, (nobody is really sure?) but only in the region of 30,000 so far been registered for exemption & the deadline is noon today for registration & agreement to have your dog checked by a vet, neutered at some point & for the owner to take out insurance as well as making sure they're muzzled in public. 

If the guesstimate of 100,000 is anything near to being correct, I reckon there's going to be a few thousand of these dogs being turfed out of their homes by irresponsible people who shouldn't be allowed to own a dog in the first place.

Council estates will be overrun by the mutts. 

Do we even know what a XL Bully is?

A work friend said that she was facing a bill for £xxx to prove her dog is not a XL. I dont have any paperwork for my dog, same with most other people.

24 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Do we even know what a XL Bully is?

A work friend said that she was facing a bill for £xxx to prove her dog is not a XL. I dont have any paperwork for my dog, same with most other people.

Why 

12 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just seen a report on BBC News that there are a guesstimate of around 100,000 XL Bully dogs in the UK, (nobody is really sure?) but only in the region of 30,000 so far been registered for exemption & the deadline is noon today for registration & agreement to have your dog checked by a vet, neutered at some point & for the owner to take out insurance as well as making sure they're muzzled in public. 

If the guesstimate of 100,000 is anything near to being correct, I reckon there's going to be a few thousand of these dogs being turfed out of their homes by irresponsible people who shouldn't be allowed to own a dog in the first place.

Council estates will be overrun by the mutts. 

Why Council estates . ??????????

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

:rolleyes:

Amazing how hackey is always asking questions but can never manage to answer one. with a bit of writing.

53 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Why 

Why Council estates . ??????????

If someone complained about a neighbour having an XL Bully and the neighbour claimed it wasnt a Bully.

What would happen, the dog owner may be required to get a DNA test for the dog. But no one knows what a Bully is!

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

If someone complained about a neighbour having an XL Bully and the neighbour claimed it wasnt a Bully.

What would happen, the dog owner may be required to get a DNA test for the dog. But no one knows what a Bully is!

If it’s anything like the Pit Bull law it’s just a series of tick boxes.

Height. Shoulder width etc etc.

On 01/02/2024 at 16:48, HeHasRisen said:

Saw this on FB today. It reduced this middle aged old man to tears. Poor thing. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid035NSq6ZXuNDUe9LUhzhfvBQqkoaQoKpHVR72aKSz53bMgqk9DBLCj8cRqdWN7URWRl&id=100064536736157

Look at her sat there 🥲

Yeah that's heartbreaking.

Poor little thing.