American Xl Bully Dog Ban

57 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

It is,  because if you argued with an 8 year old,  you would lose that one too.

Who's said otherwise ?

You now seem to be saying that ALL dogs are dangerous so what's the point of banning just all bulldogs ?.   I thought you has 2 dogs yourself ?

I do have two dogs but they don't have the temperament to drag folk down and kill.

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I do have two dogs but they don't have the temperament to drag folk down and kill.

And that is exactly what every single dog owner in the  country says.    And you call me naive ?

It's same as every single man in jail will tell you he's innocent   -   they've all been framed.

I'm too old to swallow tales like that Mr Bundy.

Everybody wants them to put down any breed except the one they own.  I want some sensible laws and don't put any dogs down  -  it's not necessary.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Another American bully dog attack.

This time in a South London Pk.

Police are searching for the owner who ran off.

Victim in hospital.

Terrible but unsurprising news. Ofcourse the "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly, blame the owners, not the breed" brigade will pile on but the bottom line is, this type of dog has been proven to kill and seriously harm people time and time again.

Said it before & I'll say it again.  It should be mandatory for ALL dogs to be muzzled when out in public.  Mine is when I take him for a walk. 

It would stop dogs randomly biting people, other dogs & I'm sure that farmers would appreciate it to stop worrying sheep in the lambing season. 

You needlessly muzzle a dog? 

I bump into loads of dogs in the park. There is an elderly couple who are in their 80s who have a sweet little King Charles Spaniel who herself is elderly and doesn't move very fast, she potters over to me for a fuss and then sits on my feet whilst I stroke her and natter to her owners. 

Should I tell this elderly couple they need to muzzle their dog?

It's a ridiculous argument to suggest all dogs should be muzzled.  Sledgehammers and nuts come to mind. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You needlessly muzzle a dog? 

I bump into loads of dogs in the park. There is an elderly couple who are in their 80s who have a sweet little King Charles Spaniel who herself is elderly and doesn't move very fast, she potters over to me for a fuss and then sits on my feet whilst I stroke her and natter to her owners. 

Should I tell this elderly couple they need to muzzle their dog?

It's a ridiculous argument to suggest all dogs should be muzzled

My bold. 

No it isn't.  Someone with a younger, more aggressive dog could tear lumps out of the sweet, little King Charles Spaniel.  Would you want that for the elderly couple? 

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

No it isn't.  Someone with a younger, more aggressive dog could tear lumps out of the sweet, little King Charles Spaniel.  Would you want that for the elderly couple? 

What does that have to do with the spaniel wearing a muzzle or not? 

Like I said, sledgehammer and nuts. If you are happy to muzzle your dog you crack on, don't force the same on many of the others when not needed. 

It's down to the owners to show responsibility if their dog is a bit aggressive. And therein lies the problem, many owners are numpties.

Edited by HeHasRisen

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Like I said, sledgehammer and nuts. If you are happy to muzzle your dog you crack on, don't force the same on many of the others when not needed. 

It's down to the owners to show responsibility if their dog is a bit aggressive. And therein lies the problem, many owners are numpties.

Exactly. 
How many are likely to follow an ‘all dogs must be muzzled’ rule?

Meaning any muzzled dog wouldn’t have any way to defend itself if it was attacked.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

My bold. 

Well that bit we agree on.  Unfortunately you can't work out which owners are numpties so that's why ALL dogs should be muzzled in public.   

Responsible dog owners realise that owning a dog  carries a degree responsibility.  it's not a luxury or a fashion statement.  If I was to mistreat my dog, there are laws in place to prosecute me.  A responsible dog owner wouldn't mind muzzling their dog.  

The numpties probably would but eventually, they'd fall into line.  

13 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Exactly. 
How many are likely to follow an ‘all dogs must be muzzled’ rule?

Meaning any muzzled dog wouldn’t have any way to defend itself if it was attacked.

If all dogs are muzzled, how can they bite each other? 

I also mentioned those dogs that worry livestock.  Are you going to stand up for them or does your sympathy lie with the dog & dog owner when a farmer takes a shotgun to them? 

Edited by Baron99