American Xl Bully Dog Ban

53 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

When I was a lad I was bitten by a German Shepherd. 

Didn't stop me owning 3 when I grew up.

The best dogs I've ever had despite the fact that at one time they too were vilified and labeled dangerous dogs.

I'm not surprised you were bitten by an alsatian, they are a vicious and particularly aggressive breed. The difference between one of those and a bull dog is, alsatians have normal sized necks, so far less strength to maul someone than a bull dog.

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Snipped 

alsatian

Snipped 

German Shepherd.

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Snipped 

they are a vicious and particularly aggressive breed.

Snipped 

Explain my 3 GSD's then. They were well behaved, calm and friendly dogs.

Also, you didn't ask why I was bitten. 

Are you not at all interested?

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

German Shepherd.

Also, you didn't ask why I was bitten. 

Are you not at all interested?

Why were you bitten? There is a difference between a bite and a full blown attack. Sometimes children play too rough with a dog and it gives a nip. That's different to a dog chasing an 11 year old girl up a flight of stairs whilst 3 grown adults fight to restrain it (as happened with me and the bull dog).

16 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Around you perhaps but others in the park may disagree.

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Why were you bitten? .

Snipped 

I was a stupid child aged about 12 who decided to pet a friend's dog. I didn't know the dog had been previously abused and was twitchy around males of all ages. Apparently the poor thing was beaten daily and was very malnourished before my friends family rescued him.

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Snipped 

Around you perhaps but others in the park may disagree.

Why would others disagree?

Edited by The_DADDY

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

I was a stupid child aged about 12 who decided to pet a friend's dog. I didn't know the dog had been previously abused and was twitchy around males of all ages. Apparently the poor thing was beaten daily and was very malnourished before my friends family rescued him.

Your friend's parents should not have left a dog prone to biting around a 12 year old guest in their house then. All dogs will give a nip when they feel threatened.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

Your friend's parents should not have left a dog prone to biting

Snipped 

That's the thing. He wasn't.

I held the 'honour' of been the only person he bit. He was twitchy (meaning scared) of males. His usual response would be to cower in a corner as far from the person as possible. I backed him into a corner and tried to cuddle him.

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's the thing. He wasn't.

I held the 'honour' of been the only person he bit. He was twitchy (meaning scared) of males. His usual response would be to cower in a corner as far from the person as possible. I backed him into a corner and tried to cuddle him.

These things happen but I dare say your friend's father would have been able to prise him off you if they needed to. The bull dog in Staffordshire could not be prized off the man, despite 2 other men frantically trying to do so.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes, they do. 

So again, explain why my 3 GSD's were none of the things you attributed to their breed? 

The owner's perception is often different to everyone around's perecption. For example, other people in the park may have noticed behaviour that you didn't.