American Xl Bully Dog Ban

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Such as? 

Attempts at biting/aggressively chasing, attempts at fighting other dogs, jumping up at people with intent to bite. I was on a beach earlier this year and there was an alsatian/German shepherd off lead and I deliberately diverted away from it, as I know what that breed is like. I didn't do the same when I saw a Yorkshire Terrier or Labrador, I felt perfectly safe. Perhaps people in the park deliberately avoided you, giving you the impression that your dogs weren't vicious as they avoided coming in to contact with you.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

Attempts at biting/aggressively chasing, attempts at fighting other dogs, jumping up at people with intent to bite.

Snipped 

Then you can rest easy. None of my dogs showed any of that behavior so the people in the park were safe. 

Although the behavior you described was quite common amongst the smaller breeds. Jack Russle sized dogs seem to be the most aggressive in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I was on a beach earlier this year and there was an alsatian/German shepherd off lead and I deliberately diverted away from it, as I know what that breed is like.

Snipped 

Then clearly you know little to nothing.

5 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Snipped

Perhaps people in the park deliberately avoided you, giving you the impression that your dogs weren't vicious as they avoided coming in to contact with you.

Nope. That won't work either.

Are you even trying anymore Irene?

All my dogs were well socialized and very happy around people and other dogs. 

14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Nope. That won't work either.

Are you even trying anymore Irene?

All my dogs were well socialized and very happy around people and other dogs. 

There are always exceptions to the rule. Alsatians/GSs shouldn't be banned. It's the Rockwëillers, bull dogs and cane corsos that should be banned (the latter already is).

All breeds (large and small) have teeth and claws and have the means to bite and mawl.  Only training and responsible ownership can avoid such tragedies.  Knee-jerk reactions, banning breeds across the board won't make a jot of difference really.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Cat attacks XL Bully, while owner & her mother are walking it. 

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2024-01-11/xl-bully-attacked-by-cat-on-first-walk-wearing-muzzle

Hmmm?  Despite the picture of the dog, why don't I believe her?

Yeah, sounds highly unbelievable. Our old cat was unbelievably feisty but she didn't launch herself at dogs in the street. Also, 

"they had struggled to get Nova used to wearing the muzzle but eventually managed to persuade her to put it on"

This dog got opposable thumbs or what?