American Xl Bully Dog Ban

11 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

That's what I own.  My mum & dad had a couple of them when my brothers, sister & myself were growing up & I learned from my dad as to how to train them.  They're very loyal & if well trained a great family dog but our Sabre is at the bottom of the pecking order in the family & that's how it should be. 

Still, he's nipped me a couple of times so I'd never leave him alone with anyone whose not confident around a large dog & certainly not with a small child.  Dogs, like people you're unfamiliar with also have close proximity boundary issues.  Trouble is, unlike humans, invade a dog's personal space, you're likely to come away with a bite rather than a caution. 

They are fabulous animals but yes, they need to be at the bottom of the pecking order. Once they understand that (and more importantly the owners need to understand too) then without doubt they are amongst the best breeds there is.

8 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I encounter quite a few out walking with my Jack Russell and almost without exception they are friendly with responsible owners.Several have the inbred problem of their back legs failing as they age.

Breeders of many dogs have much to answer for.

The only exception was some idiot down Beeley Woods and wearing a hoody with “Dog Patrol” on the back.

He had 2 German Shepherds one of which flew out of a path and bowled mine over.

I picked him up and held him above my shoulders whilst the supposedly trained GS continued to jump up at him.

Words were exchanged.

That right there is a case of someone who definitely shouldn't be allowed to own a dog. What a muppet 🙄

Neither you nor your doggie were hurt I hope? 

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Not at all. German Shepherds have an aggressive temperament. I would never enter an enclosed space with one no matter how "soft" the owner said they were. The police use them as an intimidation tactic for a reason. But they also don't have the neck strength that bull dogs have. They don't have the same killing capacity. A grown adult should stand a good chance of fighting one of them off. 

You need to make your mind up. I'd go back and look what you posted if I were you Irene 

11 minutes ago, RJRB said:

encounter quite a few out walking with my Jack Russell and almost without exception they are friendly with responsible owners.Several have the inbred problem of their back legs failing as they age.

Jack Russells are a lovely breed. An old gentleman was walking one on the beach in Skegness last year and it kept stopping and standing on its hind legs to look out to sea, so cute.

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I thought more highly of you than to resort to calling someone of a differing opinion a troll, seems I was wrong. 😟

That's just it, it's not something I do unless I think it's a definate possibility. 

And I think on this one you are and I'm honest enough to tell you that. If I'm wrong then accept my apologies 👍

21 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That right there is a case of someone who definitely shouldn't be allowed to own a dog. What a muppet 🙄

Neither you nor your doggie were hurt I hope? 

He was macho man personified.

Very shaken and bloody fuming .I wasn’t happy either.😁

• Like 1

On 16/09/2023 at 21:36, Irene Swaine said:

Where did you see it? I looked on YouTube and Google but cannot find it.

Why would anybody want to watch such a sickening video, watching a poor man being mauled to death ? Isn’t he suffering enough without the final indignity of putting the video on you tube. It’s akin to the tricoteuse at the gilloutine during the French Revolution.