American Xl Bully Dog Ban

On 30/06/2024 at 14:04, horribleblob said:

From the BBC:Screenshot2024-06-30at13_58_13.thumb.jpg.7385af4c078cf3d3ffe7cd131ce2fdfb.jpg

indeed i read the police may have been over excessive, didnt read about a car being hit or richochets though 😮

• 1 month later...

This time a man in Accrington

These dogs are giving us a hint, no? I don't understand why you'd want to share your living space with something that you know could unpredictably kill you at any time. Other breeds of dog are available, so I understand.

• Like 1

This is tragic but I honestly think there is nothing inherently wrong with/bad about the breed. 

Not all that many years ago it was German Shepherds that were the 'dangerous breed'. If memory serves Rottweilers and Staffys have also been labelled dangerous dogs too in the past. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

This is tragic but I honestly think there is nothing inherently wrong with/bad about the breed. 

Not all that many years ago it was German Shepherds that were the 'dangerous breed'. If memory serves Rottweilers and Staffys have also been labelled dangerous dogs too in the past. 

That's right.

Most dogs are benign most of the time but it’s my opinion that they all have it in them to turn and fight if the circumstances are conducive to do so. They are animals and it’s naturally instinctive to them.

Never owned a dog and probably never will but looking after my son’s Italian greyhound last week I experienced sharp teeth and sharp claws.

This week it’s Felix the rabbit and I’ve discovered 3 scratch marks on my body which he must have inflicted when I picked him up at my son’s house for his temporary holiday with us. He obviously didn’t want to move and went into fight mode.

I’d like to say that they were inflicted during a night of passion but that would be a fib!😆

echo.

48 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

But there are loads of German Shepherds and Rottweilers, Bullies were a fad for a short time.

How do the numbers compare?

Some people are even keeping large wild cats etc, it's getting crazy, any animal can kill.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

This time a man in Accrington

These dogs are giving us a hint, no? I don't understand why you'd want to share your living space with something that you know could unpredictably kill you at any time. Other breeds of dog are available, so I understand.

I bet it was a great dog . Soft a a brush :rolleyes: