American Xl Bully Dog Ban

I was se with  to collect some meat from the butchers and took my mother's Pekinese with me,  as I was about to cross the road a man leading a very large dog said 'my dog has had is breakfast' I replied 'mine hasn't!'

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Most dogs won't. Like most people in fact. However dogs are animals and so can flip out but it's usually provoked. 

I agree there. A friend of mine was sitting in her lounge having a cup of coffee. Dog was in its basket asleep and her toddler was sitting on the carpet playing with toys. Everything under control. Then suddenly the little girl crawled over to the dog and shoved two of her fingers right up its nostrils. Dog woke up in a total panic and its immediate reaction was of course to bite. As soon as the dog realised it had bitten the child it stopped, and acted really scared and ashamed of itself.  Child was luckily left with just a small scar on her nose, it could have been worse. Any dog can flip given the circumstances, even the best trained and most docile. 

• Thanks 1

Reports in the media indicate the chap had not long had the dog.  No indication of if he got it from a friend or from a shelter or anything.

If the dog had previously been abused, it would seem he was unaware.